Advice From The Squip Squad

Supernova: This is an ask and request from MattEddsworld.

Squip: Request...?

Supernova: It's technically a dare but dare is too harsh a word. You'll understand soon.

Squip: Okay.

Supernova: So, this person says that they're feeling like "Michael In The Bathroom" right now. This is specifically for Jeremy and Michael, but everyone can pitch in. How do you deal with that?

Michael: Okay. Whoever hurt you is awful and they don't deserve you. If they come crawling back to you, give them another chance, but don't let them take advantage of your forgiveness. If they keep on crawling back to you, let them go. The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Don't let them get you down, just keep your head high. If they are making you miserable to be around them, then leaving them is the right decision.

Michael: If it's serious and you can't leave, like with parents or a super abusive relationship of any kind, talk to some kind of authority you trust. Like police, a really close friend, or someone like that. That's what I'd say. Also, you will get through this. No matter what. Falling to pieces is not a show of weakness, it's a feat of strength that you've made it this far. You can overcome anything.

Jeremy: This could also be about stuff that's happening in your head, like depression or something. After the fact, I noticed that the Squip said and forced things into my mind that is super similar to depression; like everyone staring at you, always beating yourself down, that sort of thing. Both symptoms of depression. Anyways, first of all, you deserve the work put in to making you a better person.

Jeremy: You deserve basic human rights like food, water, and shelter. Don't push away those around you; they love you so much and want you to overcome this. They believe in you, and rightly so. You deserve every good thing that happens to you. Again, you might want to talk to a person you really trust. Maybe get a therapist, I don't know. But you are perfect the way you are in every way, and like Michael said, you will get through this. No matter what. You're doing just fine.

Supernova: Thank you both so much! Does anyone else want to add anything?

Squip: Something you can try if someone is being awful to you or others around you is to try and see where they're coming from. Basically, it will be much easier for you to understand them and work something out. And you can discover that they aren't all that they're made out to be and every action they take is a desperate plea for help. That's the most common reason for what they do. Try to sympathize with them and you can defeat your harasser, make a lifelong friend, and become more at peace with yourself and everyone around you.

Christine: Only surround yourself with people who make you feel good. If you help them, they'll help you.

Rich: Don't be afraid to be yourthelf in front of otherth. If they don't like the real you, then there'th no reathon to thtill be friendth with them thinthe you are the only perthon you can be.

Jake: Yeah, regrets are a thing. But don't let that define who you are. Regret is an awful feeling, and that can lead to big-team self doubt and even more depression. But no matter what you've done, big or small, you don't have to let that be a chain holding you back. You can be forgiven for anything you've done.

Jake: Even the worst things you can possibly imagine, you can be forgiven. There's no crime that you can't be forgiven for even if you hate yourself for it. If you open yourself up to the possibility that you've made mistakes and honestly try to make it better, you'll be surprised by how kind the world can be in response.

Chloe: Don't derive all of your self-worth from something obsolete, like the internet or a sport or a skill you have or something. What matters is how you treat others and how you use your skills. You can be the smartest person in the world, but decide that you'd rather watch TV, and before you know it and get the chance to cure cancer or send the first humans to Mars, you're gone and the opportunity's wasted. Focus on the important things and no work goes unnoticed, either to yourself or the others around you.

Jenna: Every bit of effort you put into a goal counts for something. Don't give up!

Brooke: Don't give in to peer pressure. Just do your own thing and do what you want to do and you'll be okay!

Supernova: Okay, I think that's everyone. I couldn't have said it better myself. But one more thing.

Michael: Yeah?

Supernova: MattEddsworld wants a hug from Michael and Jeremy.

Michael: *Grins*

*Michael and Jeremy hug MattEddsworld*

Michael: You're going to be fine! Stay strong!

Jeremy: You can do anything. Don't give up hope.

Supernova: Okay, thank you so much for that ask! It turned into something amazing. See you later!