Prologue

"Arjun, I have to go. Mujhe Jaana hai...Zoya is calling for me, she is screaming for my help...dekho!" Aditya pointed at the picture of Zoya.

"How unfortunate we are, Roshanaq. Today is her janazah and we don't even have her dead body to bury. As if she is still mad at me, she chose not to be with me after death also." Waseem mourned.

"Allah paak sab jaante hai, Waseem. Maybe our daughter could not suffer anymore. She did not come to us rather we were not there for her in her worst moments. She didn't even trust us to share her grief with us."  Roshanaq cried.

In a nearby room, Noor reached out to her Appi's side of the bed. Her frail hands softly patting the sheet as if she could feel her appi's presence still lingering by.

"Hume maaf kijiye appi, I was never a good sister. I was always upset with you. I never understood your pain. You were there for me through everything and I couldn't even be there for you. Appi what if I had stopped you from leaving. Appi what if you came home and we talked over everything with each other and I gave you a shoulder to cry on? Would you have still left us, appi? Your kohinoor needs you appi."

**
Arjun ran his hands through his hair and closed his eyes in desperation.

"Bhabhi, why did you leave us? Before my bhabhi you were my friend. You trusted me before any other person in this family, even before you trusted bhai. I wish I would've stopped you bhabhi. You were the light of bhai's dark life. You left a void that can never be fulfilled bhabhi. I'm sorry we failed you."

**
The recitations from the Quran began as relatives circled around the Siddiqui household. Everyone asked Allah to grant the departed soul peace. Just as one final prayer began, Arjun helped his brother into the house. Aditya stumbled his way in and began fussing uncontrollably. It was already looked down upon having Aditya there given he wasn't of their community but also because he was the reason Zoya left his home after he accused her of sleeping with Rajveer and met with a horrific accident.

"Stop! Stop!" He shouted at the priest.

The guests gasped at the audacity of Aditya.

"How can you do a funeral for someone who is alive?!" He yelled, wailing and throwing his arms angrily.

"Zoya is not dead." He shouted
"Meri zoya mere saath hai woh thodi khafa hai mujhse par woh aayengi. Woh aayengi. She is not dead!" He exclaimed.

"Bhai, st—"

"Arjun, you're her favorite na? Tell her to come back home with me she is hiding here somewhere Arjun. Tell her please." He begged

The guests looked on as Aditya continued creating a scene. Waseem fumed in anger as he proceeded to confront Aditya.

——
Should I continue?