ruined.

trigger warning: rape, sexual assault

Zoya couldn't believe her eyes. Maybe this was just a dream? No, no, no...what would Arjun Hooda be doing here? She stood immediately and her eyes widened in shock as he came in the room. She felt as if her was beating out of her chest. Her breath became faster, and the color from her face vanished. She felt as if she was about to faint.

"Bhabhi?" Arjun responded holding the door open, his eyes almost teary at the sight of seeing her after a year. He had so many questions but before he could put a sentence together Aditya had spotted Zoya.

"ZOYA!" Aditya yelled. He rushed over from the door to her in a split second and engulfed her in a warm hug. He patted her hair while stood there emotionless. "Meri Zoya! Where were you? You know I don't like to stay without you na? You made me wait so long Zoya but that's okay you came back you came back!!" He said as he let go of her while clapping his hands in excitement.

Zoya felt a wave of emotions surpass her heart. Arjun and Aditya had seen her? Aditya was behaving rather strange so...Aditya was the patient with PTSD? How had that even happened? Her healthy, happy Aditya was now embodying the mind of a child and needed psychiatric treatment? She felt the floor sweep beneath her while she put two and two together. She could not handle all these overwhelming feelings.

She stared at Aditya in shock as he childishly started touching her hair. "Zoya, why have you cut your hair?" He pretended to be angry. "I LOVE YOUR LONG HAIR! MAKE IT LONG AGAIN!" He yelled while pouting like a child. " ZOYA WHY ARE YOUR EYES GREEN? MAKE IT BROWN AGAIN!" He threw another tantrum.

Zoya was still taken aback by the recent revelations she had just witnessed and come to terms with. The man she had faked her own death to escape was now in front of her with the mind of a child. He was treating her like his most prized possession and Arjun had brought him for psychiatric treatment. Her heart almost melted at the thought of him and his suffering but just as she felt her ice cold interior start to melt, his eyes full of rage flashed through her mind. The fury with which he threw her out of the house flashed through her mind. The haunting memories of her trying to escape the burning car flashed through her mind and most painfully, that incident following her accident flashed through her mind. She still felt shivers thinking about it. She could no longer speak about it but felt nauseous even thinking about it once more. Zoya had worked too hard to establish a new life away from the past and its painful memories and she was not going to let Aditya Hooda ruin this chance at a new life for her again.

"Excuse me!" She yelled while pushing him away from her. She glared over at Arjun.

"What the hell is this behavior?!" She yelled glaring at Arjun.

"Bhabhi—what are you saying?" He responded quietly. "It's me! Your Arjun! Remember bhabhi...you said I was like your little brother!"

"What's this Bhabhi? Who's your Bhabhi? Because it sure as HELL ain't me Mr. Hooda!" She yelled. "My name is Dr. Maya Mehrotra! Who is this Zoya that he keeps referring to me as?" She screamed, it was evident that she had enough of their behavior.

Arjun looked dejected at her dismissal. What had he been thinking? His Bhabhi died over a year ago. Dr. Maya just happened to have an uncanny resemblance to her. His Bhabhi would never reject him or treat him the way Dr. Maya did.

Aditya stood there in confusion looking scared as Zoya screamed at his brother. He couldn't understand why his Zoya was behaving so scary. She was always so sweet to him when they were home alone and why did she change her appearance and start yelling? Aditya felt sad looking at his Zoya this time, but he decided not to talk like a good boy so she wouldn't get mad and leave him again.