jealousy

5 months later

"Appi, look!" Noor screamed as she brought her left hand hear to her face, showing her the shining diamond on her finger. Her face was beaming, ear to ear. Zoya could sense her happiness through the phone screen even though they were seven thousand miles apart.

Zoya squealed. "YOU SAID YES?!" Zoya exclaimed. She was beyond ecstatic for her little sister. Noor nodded her head in excitement. "Ya allah! I can't believe someone actually wants to marry you. Let alone my poor, innocent devar." She said while chuckling.

"Appi this isn't done! You're always siding with Arjun lately." Zoya saw her sister's expression change into a pout through the phone's screen. "Accha, meri Kohinoor! No more pouting you're going to have to learn how to smile and blush like a bride now."

"Ew! Never! Shy and me? Wrong girl, sorry!" Noor made a face at her sister.

"Anyways appi, I have to get back to work, will chat later. Love you!"

"Love you too, my Kohinoor!" She chided.

As Zoya ended their call and heard the footsteps in front of her home, she knew exactly who it was. His aura was etched to her soul in such a way she knew the minute his presence was near. Not even waiting for him to unlock the door with his set of keys, she twisted the knob opening the door and saw her husband. She would never quite get over the butterflies in her stomach she felt at his lips curving into a smile every time he saw her. It was similar to when they were in a room full of people and he'd be engrossed in a conversation but then his eyes would find her and smile.

Without wasting a moment, she jumped and wrapped her arms around his shoulders as he held her weight up with one both of his arms. This had become their thing. Every day after work he'd come home to her hugs, that always seemed to take away the ache of his stressful days. Her lips that kissed away the pain of mild inconveniences and her love that made the worst of traumas subside. He looked at how perfectly her tiny waist fit into his arms. It was one of his favorite things about her. They just fit perfectly together, whether it was physically or emotionally.

Zoya finally allowed herself to move off of him but still clung to his arm as he entered their home. And he sure as hell wasn't complaining! He loved her being so close to him.

"Aditya! Arjun proposed to Noor! My baby sister is getting married!" She exclaimed as he took off his blazer and she began setting the table.

Aditya's nonchalant expression made her confused. "Baby! Our siblings are getting married!" She said once more, thinking he hasn't heard her.

"Ya, Arjun told me last week that he was going to propose to her. I'm happy for them!" He said, unbothered as he began taking the rice from the bowl in preparation to eat.

"HAW!" She yelled. Her mouth formed an 'o' as she covered it in anger, disappointment and frustration. "You knew Arjun was going to propose and you didn't even tell me?"

"Yeah, well I didn't want to ruin the surprise and you're the worst at keeping secrets, jaan." He chuckled.

Zoya sat up from the dinner table and pouted. "I am not! I can't believe you knew and you didn't tell me anything! I'm your wife!" She yelled.

"Yeah...but you're also Noor's sister." He laughed while looking at her expression. "...that can't keep secrets!"

"Aditya, I'm going to—"

"Do what? Beat my ass? Oooh.... kinky!" He winked as she looked at him in disgust.

"You're the worst." She said with her hand on her chin as she continued pouting.