fallin'

Zoya looked at Dr. Siddharth in fury. The red in her eyes were enough to know that he was going to be dead meat.

"Did I NOT tell you that ECT will NOT be used in Aditya Hooda's treatment? YES OR NO?" She screamed.

"Yes Dr. Maya." He said looking down.

"And still you went ahead and operated on him! That too with no ANESTHESIA? It's like you bought your medical degree!" She yelled. "Get the FUCK OUT! You can kiss your career goodbye, Dr. Siddharth!"

Siddharth hurriedly escaped her office before he had to deal with the wrath of Dr. Maya.

**

NYU Psychiatric Ward, few hours earlier

"Dr. Siddharth, if you take the fall for negligence in Aditya Hooda's case I promise you, NYU will provide a severance package bigger than you could even dream of. Along with a stellar letter of recommendation that Dr. Maya will have no knowledge about.." Sahir stated.

"Think about it. Do you really want to stay here? We all know how much you love working in this department." Sahir said with sarcasm evident in his tone.

"I'll take it!" Siddharth exclaimed.

**

"Aditya...Aditya, food!" She said as she walked into his room with a tray of the hospital's usual food.

"Zoya...mujhe yeh nahi khaana hai! The food is so bland. Can you please bring me some maggi? You know our thing...noodles!" He smiled while clapping his hands together like a little child.

Zoya's ice cold heart couldn't help but melt at the innocent smile. Somewhere in her heart every time Aditya smiled at her she felt guilty knowing that faking her death meant this. She felt as if she was responsible for his condition. But then she thought of what he would've done had he known the truth. He would've hated her even more.

"Aditya, no! You can't get special treatment." She said as if she was reprimanding a small child. He pouted in response.

"Accha baba, maybe if you finish your food, I'll read you a bedtime story." She said with a naughty glint in her eyes.

Before Aditya could respond, someone busted into hid room.

"Dr. Maya, I trusted you! I trusted you so much. How could you let this happen?" Arjun questioned. "I never agreed to bhai doing ECT and I find out that he was injured?" Arjun said while looking at his brother who was still bandaged from his treatment.

"Please Mr. Hooda, I can explain—"

"Explain what? I brought him all the way from Mumbai because I thought the conditions in India were deplorable but here? Here you all are much worse! I can't leave him here for a second!"

Arjun began to grab Aditya to leave.

"Chote! What are you doing? I want to stay with Zoya! I want to stay with Zoya!" Aditya repeated like a child. He began wailing and throwing a tantrum.

Unable to see him in this state, Zoya ran over to him and released him from Arjun's hold. Aditya wrapped his arms around her, while sitting in his bed and began to cry.

"Mr. Hooda, I am sorry our center failed you but rest assured I have fired Aditya's doctor. I will be looking after him from now on. And I promise you, I wouldn't let a thing hurt him. I promise we will get your btother back."

Arjun sighed looking at the state of his distraught brother holding onto Maya as if his life depended on it. But he was rather shocked at Maya's behavior. He could understand why Aditya had been clinging onto her but he could not understand why Dr. Maya felt the need to comfort his brother like if he was her own loved one.