sukoon

Sahir helped Maya in her room as he began preparing food for her to eat. It had been two days since she was released from the hospital and she was recovering fairly well in the eyes of everyone. She had maintained a slight distance from Noor and Arjun, however Sahir was doting on her. She couldn't even believe she did such a vile thing and cheated on him. His care and concern for her was overwhelming and it made her feel so guilty. They refrained from talking about the calling off of their wedding and he was so kind about it. Didn't ask a single question that would make her feel uncomfortable.

However, in her heart a fire was burning her. After she foolishly admitted to Aditya her truth, he had completely disappeared from her life. When she was in the hospital, as she awoke her eyes secretly searched for him, though she couldn't bring herself to admit it. As much as she tried to pretend everything was alright, her heart was secretly crying for him. She knew he has left after knowing the truth, she knew he would. But she was hoping against hope that just maybe he would stay. That he would want to erase those memories. But she remembered, that she was once again expecting too much from him. Every time she had allowed her heart to fly freely and have expectations, she always felt flat on her face and this time was no different.

She quickly wiped her tears as she saw Sahir entering her room with a bowl of soup. He sat on her bed, facing her as he began feeding her. She smiled at his concern. Just as she began to have another mouthful, he broke the silence between them. He held her hand in between both of his, lightly stroking it, as if it would shatter at the slightest of touch.

"Maya, can we talk about it?" He asked, not intending to overwhelm her.

She knew this was coming and she had been avoiding it for the longest while.

"Sahir...I'm sorry. I know it was wrong of me to do what I did, but if it's one this whole debacle has taught me it is that I am unfit to marry you." She sighed. "I cannot promise you a life of happiness and I was trying. Believe me this has nothing to do with Aditya. I am still mentally incapacitated by my past and I...can't. I love you, Sahir but I am not in love with you. You're the closest person to me on this planet, but platonically." She said as she looked down.

Sahir dejectedly looked at her as he saw tears forming in her eyes, just as one began to spill he immediately wiped it with his thumb and pressed a reassuring kiss to her cheek.

"You don't owe me an explanation, Maya." He whispered before resuming to feeding her.

As she finished eating, he helped her into bed and shut off the lights. Just as her eyes closed, he silently slipped her phone from her dresser into his pocket.

**

Sahir began pacing back and forth in his room. He tried so hard not to let his anger overcome him, he had been managing it so well lately. But as soon as Maya mentioned Aditya today, he felt his senses evaporate and start riling up again. He had to get rid of Aditya, and he was going to do it immediately. Aditya was the last obstacle between him and his Maya, everything was so perfect before his evil eyes fell on Maya. He had to protect his love and he had to conquer her. The only thing laying in between doing so was Aditya's existence.

Looking down on Maya's phone, he began typing a text message before he immediately opened his closet and grabbed his revolver. Making sure Maya was well asleep, he softly exited their apartment and got ready to execute his plan.

**

Aditya had been staring at the frame of their wedding photo for ours. He hugged it, he talked to it and he touched it delicately as if he was touching her. Nothing was more painful than being just a drive away from your love but being unable to see her especially in a time where he wanted to extend his support to her the most. As he looked over the photo, his mind wandered to when she admitted her love for him in front of everyone, calling off her wedding with Arshad. She was his brave girl. She always did things out of the ordinary and never doubted her worth. She was a fighter. That was how he knew she would make it out of any problem in her life. His heart shattered knowing that he was unable to be closer to her but his mind rested in ease knowing that someone else was looking after the way he should have been.