dilemma

"Noor! You wouldn't believe it! She looks exactly like Bhabhi!" Arjun squealed as he grabbed Noor by her shoulders.

"sach?" Noor asked while holding in tears.

"Haan! In fact, I mistook her for Bhabhi the first time but sirf shakal milti hai, Bhabhi and her are poles apart. Bhabhi always made people feel as if they were welcome, she had this vibe this aura about her that made you feel happy but Maya is the opposite. I even feel scared around her. She has this cold presence, almost eerie feeling to her. Must be a doppelganger or something. Are you sure your parents haven't been hiding a secret sister from you?" Arjun chuckled.

Noor laughed at his dark humor. "I wish. But I only got one appi and that too only for a short while." She forced a smile as her eyes portrayed another emotion.

"Arjun, do you think it would be weird if I met her?"

**

Maya pushed away from Sahir in the pool. She suddenly became aware of the proximity between them. As she pushed him off, she turned around and bit her lip as her tears threatened to fall.

"Sahir, why me? I can't –I can't give you anything a normal wife would. I've been married twice. I'm used goods." She said remembering Aditya's words. "I can't—I can't even give you children after that incident. I'm barren."

Sahir walked towards her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Maya, I'm in love with you and I don't know how—"

"Love is not enough to sustain a marriage."

"We understand each other so well." He said as he made her face him.

She chuckled to him. "Sahir, two hungry people can understand each other but they can never satiate each other's hunger."

"Maya...please give us a thought. Please. I love you, I've loved you since I saw you that night at the annual dinner and seen how much you had grown. I've witnessed you go to hell and back and your strength to rise captured my heart. Maya, you give this dead heart a reason to beat again. You are the reason I wake up every morning. It was like I was living a black and white life and you just came and added color to everything. Would you believe the man who considered himself an atheist began praying every day for you? Allah sent us to fulfil each other lives, Maya. You are my soulmate. And as for a family...do you really trust me to father a child, Maya?" He chuckled, bringing humor to the situation. "You are the only family I need. I don't want anything from you. I know you still need time to heal from that incident but I am asking you to do so as my wife. Complete me, baby." He whispered as he pressed a kiss upon her forehead.

Zoya felt terrified. She was horrible at these decisions and had even worse taste in men. She didn't feel the love for Sahir as she once did for Aditya. But maybe, maybe her feelings for Aditya is what led her to this point in her life. She watched as Sahir left the pool and began to head into their apartment. Maybe she didn't need love to survive. A good, kind companion was maybe what she needed. But she couldn't help thinking of Aditya. His innocent smiles warmed her heart. His touch still left goosebumps on her skin. But soon his treatment would be over...in a few months and then what? He would go back to India, leaving her all alone again. If he ever found out she had been raped he would hate her even more and she couldn't bear to see that hatred in his eyes.

She closed her eyes as she took a long sigh. Her heart and mind debating each other would not allow her to breath in peace again.

**

"Hello Dr. Sahir!" An intern shouted as he walked into the lab.

Sahir smiled warmly at her. "Hi Jennifer!"