Epilogue 2

Couldn't stop myself from writing this even though the story is over :)

Aditya watched on in the mirror, smiling as Zoya had adjusted her pallu before clasping her mangalsutra around her neck. It had been 25 years of marriage for them but not a thing had changed. Even as she was 55, she still looked much like the 28-year-old he had fell in love with. Not a single wrinkle, nor any signs of aging ever affected her. Despite giving birth to their three kids, she had maintained a curvaceous figure and each pregnancy only added weight to the right spots and made her glow even more from within. Aditya, on the other hand, never quite lost his zest for working out and still looked dashing as ever, he even giggled at times when Zoya would be overpossesive at his air hostesses throwing flirtatious glares at him. But his silly woman knew he only had eyes for her and her alone. The love of his life, his wife and the mother of his three children.

He got up as he wrapped his hands around her petite waist as she smiled and cupped his cheek while looking into the mirror. He kissed her cheek while she giggled at the feeling of his beard nuzzling her face.

"Can you believe Aadhya's getting engaged today?" She asked as her eyes got a tad bit misty thinking about how Aadhya and Aadil, her twins, were a miracle in Aditya and her's life. She had been told that she would never be able to conceive yet they were sent as blessings from God to add color in to their dull life. Their miracle babies. And now they were all grown up. Aadhya had become a lawyer, true to her genes, and Aadil was in business school abroad. Their youngest, Zara was completing her undergraduate studies, but couldn't find it in her heart to leave her father's home.

"I can't even figure out how quickly my baby girl's grown up. And she's getting engaged to Bela and Rohan's son...who would've guessed." He chuckled.

Zoya smiled as he nuzzled into her hair a bit more, letting out a soft moan.

"Aditya, stopppp" She whined. "Our kids are going to be having kids soon and you're still a cheesy romantic." She giggled.

"And you love this cheesy romantic. Waise bhi, when they all leave the nest soon, we'll have plenty of time to romance!" He said, jokingly.

"Stop it!" She mockingly reprimanded him.

"Ammi, Papa!" A voice made them stand apart as their bedroom door was pushed open.

Zara stood there in her golden sharara as her she invaded her parents' room.

"Appi's ready!" She gleamed. "Come on. You guys get to see her before anyone else." She said while pulling them out and dragging them to Aadhya's room.

Both Aditya and Zoya were left spellbound as they went into Aadhya's room and she turned around from the mirror, standing up. She was wearing her mother's wedding lehenga, but it was draped in a simpler manner, ensuring she didn't look like a bride, just yet. Zoya came forward first as she hugged her elder daughter, with eyes full of tears and hope. She added a black dot under her ear to remove evil eye.

Aditya tried to appear strong in front of the girls in the room, but his heart was so full he was afraid he would burst into tears in front of them any moment. He could be strong for the whole world, but when it came to Aadhya and Zara, he was an emotional wreck. Every time they got bruised in childhood while playing, he would cry more than they did. He couldn't bear a scratch on their skin. Before, he had only heard that a father and a daughter shared a special bond, but throughout the years, he learnt what it meant. Every time he would come home from his flights, when their tiny feet came rushing to hug him as he embraced them, his heart melted. He didn't seem to understand when those tiny feet turned into young ladies. But no matter what, the way they rushed to him after every long flight never changed. It was another fact, that they were both their mom's height and he couldn't lift them both up in his arms anymore, but those moments of embraces every time he came home was unmatchable. He didn't want to think about the fact that soon Aadhya wouldn't be there for those moments anymore. His heart would break with only one daughter in his arms.