Zoya Aditya Hooda.

Arjun watched as the nurse injected a sterilization into a screaming Aditya's arm as he wailed and threw a tantrum in his room. After causing a scene at Zoya's funeral, Waseem sternly requested Arjun to take him away. Only Arjun knew how he managed to control his mentally unstable brother. This is what Zoya's death did to him, this is what their mom's suicide did to him, this is what their dad's death did to him.

Arjun always thought him and Aditya lived two separate lives. Aditya grew up watching their parents fight, he took it the hardest when their dad cheated and he wasn't spared by Pooja either. When Zoya entered his life she came like a ray of sunshine, a soft medicinal balm to all his aching wounds. His brother began to smile again and he began to live a happy life for once. But all that came shattering down with their father's death. Rajveer not only succeeded in killing their father but also his brother and sister-in-law's relationship. Arjun remembered standing their helplessly as Aditya grabbed Zoya's arm while she screamed in pain and dragged her out of the house. Arjun pleaded with him to stop but he was in a no mood to listen. Zoya begged Aditya for mercy to listen to her, she pleaded that she had nowhere else to go. His eyes red with fury and his jaw clenched with anger were distinct memories that Zoya saw in the last moments of her life. When the door slammed shut on her tear-stained face, Arjun had a notion something wrong was going to happen. A vibe almost. Aditya was awoken by an emergency alert on his phone at midnight.

"Hello Mr. Aditya Hooda?" The voice questioned.

"Yes?"

"Please come to the police station now."

"Why?"

"Sir we would appreciate if you could cooperate with us."

Aditya hastily entered the police station with a number of questions on his mind.

"Mr. Aditya, there was a nearby accident..."

His heart stopped.

"And we have reason to believe that the accident's victim your wife is no more."

Aditya felt the floor beneath him move. His face fell along with his heart as the officer gave him a small bag of her belongings. Aditya ran his fingers across the packaged items. He took out the mangalsutra, he could've recognized it with his eyes closed. His heart panicked. No, no. There are probably thousands of mangalsutras with this design. He then probed into the bag further. He found a set of silver earrings.

Pata hai Aditya? Yeh mere favorite jhumke hai. Abbu had them made for me in Lucknow.

His heart was beating so fast he felt his body was unable to keep up. No,he thought.No, there could be more earrings like this, Zoya...Zoya couldn't have the only ones. There must be hundreds like this in Mumbai.

The last item in the package came out. A small purse, he had breathed a sigh of relief as he had never seen it before. Zoya always carried a larger purse. He fumbled it opening it hoping and praying that his suspicions were right.

A large thunderstorm gushed through the air and felt as if it pierced straight through Aditya Hooda's heart.The transparent card holder made his worst nightmare come true. A picture of a smiling beautiful woman caught his eyes following the name of the beautiful woman.

Zoya Aditya Hooda

Aditya fell on his knees with the purse in his hand.

"ZOYAAA"

*****

Hi guys, I'm so thankful for all the love on this story. When I started writing it, i didn't think anyone would even read it. So this was so overwhelming! I love you all.

Also I'm not super happy with how this part turned out and it was fairly short, I will be going on a family trip this weekend so I didn't want to leave you all hanging with . no update hence I included this small backstory. I promise after Sunday, updates will be much longer and consistent. <3