Nightmare

(WARNING: VIOLENCE AND ABUSE)

I wake up tied to a chair. There is only a single lightbulb hanging from the ceiling. It's not even on. The ropes and duct tape dig into my wrists and ankles as I struggle to get out. I'm gagged but I can still scream.

I scream out in fear shaking violently. I squirm until the legs of the chair give out behind me. I land on my side, cutting my arm open a little. I start to cry the minute I hit the ground. Jesus Christ, why did this happen. Why me?

Someone comes in just as I roll onto my back. I turn my head as far as I can to try and see them.

No no no. Get away from me. Get away from me!

"Oh good. Your awake. You put up one hell of a fight when we snatched you. Burst one of my ear drums." Says the man.

I m lifted off the ground and set against something that can support my weight. The lightbulb turns on and blinds me momentarily. Phil stands in front of me. Blood dripping from his left ear and his nose.

I try to ask what they want but the gag muffled and distorts the words.

"Oh. You probably don't want to talk too much. That there gag will rip your mouth open and leave you with a scar so bad you'll have to wear make up everyday. Or get surgery." He says.

I whimper as he laughs.

"I'm kidding! It's not gonna do that, but I have one that will." He says.

He reaches over to the left where I see a little table on wheels. My eyes grow wide in fear as he picks up a big ass knife and starts turning it in his hand. My breathing starts getting labored. The tears stream hot down my face. He takes the knife and presses it against my cheek.

"You have such a pretty face. I'd hate to ruin it." Phil says.

He traces my brow bone and the blade catches my brow. It splits it open and blood pools out. I scream in pain. Phil sighs and grabs a smaller knife off the table. I look at the smaller but sharper and more sinister looking knife in his hand.

He drives it into my thigh. I arch my back, look to the ceiling, and scream louder than I thought possible. Phil takes pleasure in this because he drags the knife down towards himself. The agonizing pain in my thigh is too much to handle. I bring my head forward and relax my body which is wracked with sobs. The blood gushes out of my thigh and I gag at the smell.

I'm sick all over myself. It comes out of my nose and through the rag.

"Gross. I think I'm going to need some help." He says.

He reaches back and rips the gag off letting whatever is inside my mouth fall out onto my lap. I let out a chocked sob as he walks away. Moments later, I'm being sprayed down with cold water. The blood and bile washes away and I catch a glimpse of the gash. It's deep and ugly. I'm sick into my lap again. More freezing water hits me and washes away the bile. The frigid water leaves my teeth chattering.

"Did I tell you how much I love hearing you scream? It's like music to my ears. I might have to make you scream forever." Phil purrs.

"What.... what do you want... from me?" I mutter.

"I want a lot of things from you. I'm being paid good money to keep you here and eventually kill you. But I'm going to have a little bit of fun with you first. Your good old Uncle Ted said to do what I have to do. And I have to do this." Phil says lifting my face with his hand.

He squeezes my jaw and smiles.

"I'll leave your pretty little face alone though. I can't ruin a masterpiece."

Don't fucking touch me, you sick bastard.

I spit in his face. He slaps me.

"So you want to play dirty huh?" He growls.

He snaps his fingers and two men who must have been in the dark walk towards me and start working on the ropes. I try to break free but they have me in an iron grip. I'm lead into a different room and strapped to a table. I scream as they pull the thick leather straps across my hips, chest, and feet. They even strap my hands out. Like I'm being crucified.

An iron gag is placed into my mouth. A literal iron gag. I cry silent tears. The thing is cutting into my tongue. I don't know how they managed to pull it this tight since, historically, you would be bound by your hands and feet and the chain would be attached to the iron gag and if you moved, it would cause the gag to cut into your tongue.

Phil comes in after the men and grabs a knife off the surgical platter thing. Phil slashes the knife upwards from my knee. I wail in pain. My screams are loud. They are caused because of the iron gag and the wound.

Phil keeps carving into my flesh until I eventually pass out from fear and pain.

~~~~~~

*Zak's POV*

"I think we're gonna have to take her to the doctors." I say trying to get a ride out of her.

She stares off into space not hearing me. The tears I tried so hard to keep back when others are around fall down my cheeks. Nick's hand is on my back when I put my face in my hands.

"I can't Nick. It's... it's been a week! I can't get anything out of her. She just sits there and mumbles to herself. She never takes her hands away from her ears! I can't do this anymore!" I yell.

I stand up and start pacing. Suddenly she mumbles Phil's name.

"Phil." She mumbles. "He did this. He hurt me."

I drop to my knees in front of her.

"What? What did Phil do?" I ask cupping her face.

"Phil took me. Phil cut me up and shot me. Phil did this." Faith mumbles.

Phil. I knew it. He had it out for her since I told my family I was going to be adopting her.

"Nick. Call my mom and the police. They should still be in town." I say flatly.

For the first time in a week, Faith stutters out my name. I nearly break down into tears hearing it.

"Z... Zak?" She says.

"Yeah?" I say after a pause.

She stares past me and continues living in whatever nightmare she's in.