Big Life Decisions

*back at home with Zak and the guys*

I drop my bags on the floor of bedroom as I kick off my heels. I walk over to the dresser and pull out a pair of baggy sweatpants, a pair of thick socks, a pair of underwear, a bra, and an oversized shirt. I set the pile of clean laundry on the counter in my bathroom and strip naked.

I take a quick, hot, shower and when I get out I change into the clothes I laid out. I pull a towel over my hair and rush back outside the room.

"Zak!" I shout "Living room!"

"Okay!" I hear him shout from downstairs.

I grab the bags of presents off the floor and hurry down the steps. I meet Zak in the living room and poop myself down on the floor next to the sofa. I lay out all my gifts in front of me.

I didn't get the chance to really look at all the gifts. The guys and I go through all of them and separate them into piles by who gave them to me. By the time we're finished, I have seven piles of gifts.

"So what did you get?" Zak asks as I organize one of the piles.

I pull the towel off my head and look at the gifts in from of me.

"I have 3 sweaters, 1 pair of socks, the book I've been asking for, and a card from Billy, 4 sweaters, a photo album, and another snow globe from Jay, the figurine from Aaron, the phone from Zak and a couple of jeans from Zak as well. Meredith got me some new makeup brushes, and a new eyeshadow palette. Dakota got me a gift card and big hoodie. My 'cousins' from Zak's side of the family mostly got me makeup and gift cards. Grandma got me a new purse from a place called 'Versace', and I have another oversized hoodie from Dakota." I say pointing to each gift.

"Versace? Mom, that's almost a thousand dollar purse!" Zak says.

Grandma shrugs.

"She deserves it." Grandma says

"Are you sure, grandma? That's a lot of money." I say chewing my bottom lip and running a hand through my still wet hair.

"Of course! It was no problem at all!" Grandma says.

I smile and gently start folding all the clothes I got. I place them neatly into a bag. I grab another bag and put all the makeup on top of the clothes. In a separate bag, I place the photo album, the snow globe, the figurine, the book, and the gift card inside it. I put them all to the side and curl up on the couch in between Zak and Dakota. Today has been a long one, but it was also very enjoyable and I would gladly do it again.

~~~~~~~~

I wake with a jolt. Sitting up, I reach for the foot of the bed. Dakota rolls over and takes my hand.

"What were you dreaming about?" He mumbles.

"I was.... at a shelter. We were looking at dogs. They were all so cute and I wanted to take all of them home but I saw this one puppy in the corner of the kennel. He stood up on his hind legs and cried until I picked him up. I know he was the one I wanted to take home." I mutter.

"That's nice. Puppies are cute." Dakota says.

"Babe?" I say laying back onto my pillow.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think it's time for another dog? Or maybe even a cat?" I ask.

Dakota sits up on his elbow.

"Yeah.... yeah I do. It's been a while since you've had one and now that your out of school I think you should get one." He says

"A puppy?"