18 and Married?

*two months ago*

"Zak." I say

"Yes?" Zak says

"I went to the doctor to see if I really was pregnant."

"Dakota told me."

"Let me finish." I say getting irritated at my father cutting me off.

I was finally telling him what I was planning to do with this baby. After a lot of crying and talking, I decided I was going to keep this baby and raise it with the help of my dad, soon to be husband, grandmothers, and Melanie, they would have the life I never had.

I must admit, I was scared but the thought of an abortion was terrifying. I'm not good with possibly sharp objects going into places they shouldn't be. I've never visited an OBGYN either so when we walked into Dr. Lyons office and he started referring me to several, I got a little freaked out.

"Dakota and I want to keep the baby. I decided that I don't want to abort it and risk overthinking my entire life and sinking myself further into a depression hole. Dakota and I also want to get married, legally and quietly, before this baby arrives and we can plan a big wedding after the baby comes." I explained

I expected a lot of things from Zak but I didn't expect uncontrollable sobbing, so when he started crying I started wondering if I did something wrong.

"I'm So proud of you." Zak sobs into his napkin.

I probably shouldn't have told him while he was eating dinner. Oops.....

"You are going to be the best mother in the world and I'm going to be a grandpa! Oh.... I have to get so many things ready! Got to start planning a baby shower!" He says waking over to me and placing his large hand on my flat bloated-from-lunch belly.

I just stand there and nod. I don't know what a baby shower is but I don't want to ask. Zak hugs me and kisses my forehead before returning to his dinner.

*Two months later*

I stare in awe at the little bump forming in my midsection. It's still small but it's noticeable since I am thin. I have gained a few pounds though. Dr. Reed, the kind lady helping me keep tabs on my baby, told me that I need to be a healthy weight in order to keep the baby healthy.

"Hey." Jay says from the door.

I fluff my dress out. This does nothing to hide the small bump on my belly.

"What's up?" I ask

"We're gonna be late if we don't leave now." Jay says.

Oh right, I'm getting married today.

"Right, I need my shoes." I say looking for my flats.

I spot them near the closet and I walk over to slip them on. Jay patiently waits as I grab my phone off the dresser and make my way out of my room.

For my wedding today, I have chosen a simple black dress that flares out at the bottom. It's like a corset on top and then puffs out slightly under my ribs. I also chose to wear black flats since high heels hurt my feet. I skip happily down the stairs to meet Sydney at the door. She's only about three months old but she's already getting so big. She wiggles her whole backside in excitement. I scratch her ears and kiss her head.

"When you see me again, I'll be a married woman." I whisper "And your daddy will be my husband."

She licks my neck as I giggle. Jay and I finally leave the house and make our way to the courthouse. Zak already has all the necessary documents needed for Dakota and I to get married. Last month we got our marriage license, then it took another month to actually have the 'wedding' day arrive. Dakota and I are allowed to say our own vows, courtesy of Zak bribing the courthouse. We even bought rings! How cool!