Big News

The plane ride was silent. Dakota and I slept most of the time to avoid talking about Jay and Ashley. When we land in Vegas International, Melanie calls.

"HI! I GOT MY PLACE CLEAN YOUR WELCOME TO COME OVER AT ANY TIME!" she screeches and then promptly hangs up

I laugh at her silliness. The car ride home was loud. Tanner came to pick us up. Dakota is going to be staying at his house for the next couple weeks. He promised to visit but they are still moving in and renovating their new house.

I get dropped off first. I kiss Dakota goodbye after I get all my things out of the trunk.

"See you later!" I call as they drive away

Dakota waves from his window. I giggle. I walk into my gated residence and am immediately greeted by Sydney and Gracie. I crouch down to say hello to the both of them.

"Faith! Welcome home!" calls Nancy from the door.

"Hi! Hello! How are you?" I say rushing to give her a hug.

"Oh you know. I'm just watching the girls." Nancy says

I smile and call the dogs back inside. Nancy helps me get my things into the laundry room and tell me to relax for the day. She isn't supposed to leave until tomorrow. I go upstairs with Sydney in my arms and get ready to shower.

"Sydney, you smell like wet dog. Did you get into the pool again?" I ask her

She just wags her tail.

"I guess you need a bath, huh?"

Her ears fold backwards.

"It's okay, i'll make sure you have a quick, warm bath."

Her little tail wags again. I smile and set her on the counter. I grab a towel off the rack and Sydney's shampoo from under the sink. I close the door and put Sydney on the floor so she can run around while I shower.

Once my shower is done, I put Sydney into the tub and start washing her with shampoo and conditioner. Specifically made for dogs.

"Almost done. I know, I know you hate bath time." I say to her.

When she's done, I pull her out of the tub, turn off the water, and wrap her in a towel. I place the puppy bundle on the counter while I grab my robe. I play some loud music on my phone and start drying Sydney with my blow dryer. I must admit, the moment is too cute, so I record a video for Snapchat and post it.

I finish drying my little fur ball and let her run around the bathroom floor while I dry my hair and body. When I'm done, Sydney and I walk back into my room to find some clothes. I pick out some grey sweatpants, a tank top, fuzzy socks, and an oversized hoodie.

I put some moisturizing lotion on my face, neck, and chest, and add some chapstick. After my skincare routine, I turn on my television and find something to watch. I settle on Ghost Adventures and fall asleep.

*3 weeks later*

Melanie and I are spending time with each other eating pizza on her bedroom floor when all of the sudden I feel sick to my stomach.

"Mel..." I start

"Yes?" she says

My hand flies to my mouth and I rush to the bathroom. I empty my stomach into her toilet and flush. This happens twice more before Melanie comes in with some soda and water.

"Are you okay?" She asks

"I don't know." I moan.

"When was your last period?" Melanie asks

"Umm...... last month?" I say

That's when it dawns on me.

"Mel. Go get my phone." I say

She rushes off and a moment later she comes back with my phone. I open up my period tracking app. I downloaded it after Zak adopted me so I could keep track of it. It's pretty regular and I never seem to talk about it because they just happen to know when it's that time of the month.

My last period was three weeks ago, at the beginning of the month. My period should have arrived..... last week at the beginning of THIS month.

Maybe it's just late? You have nothing to worry about! It's probably just late! They've always been a little irregular.

"Mel..... I missed my period." I say

"How long?" she demands

"It should have started last week on the first. It always starts on the first, like clockwork."

"And your last one was last month? On the first?"

"Yeah."

"Drink your soda. I'll be back in ten."

With that, she leaves the bathroom, grabs her purse, her keys, and her phone. I hear the front door close. This can't be happening..... I can't be.... No don't think that. It can't be that.

As promised, Mel comes back ten minutes later. She has a bag full of little pink boxes. She dumps the contents out on the floor next to me.

"Are those... pregnancy tests?" I ask

Deep down, I know that they are but I don't want to believe it.

"Yes. Hurry up and finish your soda. Your taking them all." Melanie says.

I just nod my head and finish my soda. Ten minutes later, I'm peeing on a stick in front of me best friend. I would have to repeat this three more times seeing that Melanie bought four boxes.

"Melanie, why did you buy so many?" I ask as I place the cap on the stick and set the stick on the counter.

"I want to make sure that whatever the test says is right." She says handing me another stick.

"Mel, I'm out of pee." I say

"No your not." She growls

I move back a bit and pee more on the stick.

"Curse you and your ability to scare the piss out of me." I mutter

"Love you." She says

About ten minutes later, we're back in the bathroom checking all four sticks. They all have two very clear, pink lines on them.

"Oh my god." Melanie says

She seems to have registered what the pink lines mean before I do because she starts rambling about names and how she's so happy for me and Dakota. Then the meaning of the two pink lines hit me.

I'm pregnant.