The Finale

*a month later*

I learned how to knit in the month I stayed in the hospital with Zak and Dakota. My sweet baby boy was on his way to recovery. He was doing very well.

The incubation tube he was being kept in was also helping him grow at a rapid rate. He was almost strong enough to be transferred back to the US. There was going to be this whole big thing about it. The French doctors had already set up a helicopter ride to Maine's Children hospital, from there, Austin Post paid for a plane trip to Vegas with all the doctors needed.

Zak cried when he saw my baby for the first time. Like full on sobbed. Sadly he couldn't hold him but he got to see him through the incubator. Today is the day we find out if I can finally leave the hospital and France. The doctor comes in.

"Well... it looks like you are all set. Your baby is healthy enough to leave. Your flight is scheduled tomorrow morning. You will get to Maine by noon and to Vegas by 7PM. I wish you all well. Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Laden."

"Thank you, Doctor." Dakota says.

As soon as the doctor leaves, the boys jump and shout in excitement. I just smile and cry a little. I've cried a lot since my baby was 'born'. My phone starts ringing at that moment. I answer the FaceTime call from Jay.

"Hey guys." I say looking at the screen

"Hey! How are you!" The other three men ask.

"I'm good. I miss you guys though. I'm glad to be leaving finally." I say.

"Oh yeah! When are you leaving?" Jay asks

"Tomorrow morning."

Billy and Aaron start jumping and shouting at each other.

"You guys are just like my dad and Dakota. They just did the same thing." I say to the phone

"Well, we can't help it. We spend a lot of time together." Billy says

"Exactly. Hey! How's motherhood?" Aaron asks.

"Well, I'm not sure, I haven't really had the chance to be a mom yet. The baby is still too young to be out of the incubator, so I can't really take care of him." I say

"Aww... so it's a boy?" Jay asks

"Yeah. He's the cutest little thing I've ever seen. He's tiny." I say

"That's adorable, Faye. Well we just called to see how your doing so we'll let you go and get ready to leave. We can't wait to pick you up!" Jay says

They wave goodbye before the call ends. I can't wait to see them again. They're going to be so happy to see my son.

~~~~~~

The flight in the helicopter was painful and loud. We made it to Maine and hour earlier than expected. Meaning we'll make it to Vegas sooner than expected. The drive to the airport was also painful but it was silent. The baby had to be transported in an ambulance since the incubator wouldn't fit into the car.

We board the jet that Austin lent my family and I finally get to see my little boy. He's almost 7 months old. He's so cute, his little fingers are so fragile. I'll be able to hold him in about a month. I sit next to his incubator and read the book I brought for the trip. It's about parenting, since I don't know how to do any of the stuff moms do. I eventually just close the book, lean back in my seat and fall asleep, only to wake up an hour later to pee and check on the baby.

"Have you decided on a name yet?" Zak asks when I sit back down.

"Not yet. I had a few in mind before all this happened. I don't think they would be fitting for him anymore." I say