Viva La Vida

It was 8PM by the time we landed in Paris. There was a four hour layover in New York and another four hour layover in Italy. Luckily we got to see a lot of things before having to leave. There was a lot of interesting things in the ladies room.

The hotel Zak booked for us is amazing. It's a top floor room with a pool in the balcony. I don't even want to begin to think of how much this cost. I'll need to repay him.

"Wow....." I say softly

"Yeah." Dakota says

He sets out luggage in the corner of the room on a luggage cot. Then he takes my hands and whirls me around gently.

"I am so excited for this trip. We definitely needed a vacation." He says kissing my head

"Yes we did." I say

"Let's go swimming!" He says suddenly

"Can we go get dinner first?" I ask

"Yes! Dinner, then swim. I brought my camera so we can take pretty pictures of you and our little nugget." Dakota says placing a hand on my baby bump.

I smile and kiss him on the nose.

"Let's get dressed!" He says leading me to the suitcases.

We each dig through them finding something nice to wear. I settle on a nice pair of jeans and a cable knit sweater. I put on my little band underneath my jeans. Being so thin and small already, I need the band to support my back and the bump.

Dakota finally decides on a pair of jeans and a button up shirt. We head down to the lobby to ask where the nearest restaurant is.

"I just remembered that I took French for three years in Oregon!" I say

"Really?" Dakota asks

"Yeah! Language was a requirement at my old school. I took French because I wanted to go to Paris with my family and surprise them with my knowledge." I say

"That's adorable. Well, you can surprise me because we're at the lobby." Dakota says

We walk to the front desk and a kind looking lady looks up at us.

"Bonjour." She says silkily

"Bonjour! Oû est votre restaurant le plus proche?" I say in French

(Where is your nearest restaurant?)

"Ahhh! You are American! The restaurant is down the street! Make left at stop sign, then right on next corner! Next to cinema!" The lady says in broken English.

"Merci!" I say watching

"Thank you!" Dakota says following me

He takes my hand gently and we walk to the restaurant. Dakota stops to take pictures of me with the shops in the background. We finally make it to the restaurant and get a table next to the window.

We're served delicious appetizers and Dakota has a fine tasting wine. I take a tiny sip, just to taste it. It's very tart but sweet. I gulp down some water to wash the flavor out.

"I didn't like that." I say giggling a bit

"I can tell, I'm not much of a wine guy but today is a special occasion." Dakota says

"Cheers." I say holding up my glass of water

We tap glasses and drink. The waiter comes back and asks if we are ready to order. I order a Lamb Shank Navarin, which is basically a lamb stew that's cooked really slow so when you eat it, it melts in your mouth. Dakota orders a Bouef Bourguignon, which is a French version of beef stew with a mix of veggies.