Best Friends Forever

*the day of lockdown*

"Zak? Can I go get some coffee?" I ask as I shove waffles into my mouth.

"Sure. But be safe okay? Los Angeles is not the safest place in the world." Zak says groggily.

He had another nightmare last night. There's some sort of energy around him that I can't see and it bothers me. It's affecting him and I don't like it.

"Thanks, Zak." I say.

Zak simply nods as I pass him his breakfast. I hug him tightly and then head over to the couch where Dakota is passed out. I move his hair out of his face and kiss him on the head. His lips twitch upward slightly.

I rush back to my room for my purse, my phone, my wallet, and a jacket. Once I have everything, I slip on my Doc Martens and skip to the door.

"Be back soon!" I chirp as I slide the keycard off the table.

I get a collective mumble of 'ok's' in return. I slip out the door and to the elevator. A family of four is in there with me. I immediately spot a familiar face in the group. Tatum flashes that dumb smile at me and I quickly look down to my phone.

Once the elevator stops at the lobby, I streak to the front doors as fast as I can making it look like I'm on the phone with someone. When I'm 100 percent sure that he's not behind me, I put my phone away and continue to walk to the coffee shop I love so much. I check my social media's and decide to post a selfie of me standing outside a vintage antique store.

'Headed to my favorite coffee shop, but I couldn't resist taking a picture. Zak loves antique shops like this. I'll have to bring him here after lockdown' I put as my caption.

A few minutes after posting the picture, I feel a small tap. Expecting a fan of the show, I look down and see a small child about three years of age walking beside me.

"Oh hello." I say

"Hewwo." She says.

"Where are your parents?" I ask her.

"I don't know. I got lost." She says.

"Okay. How about this. I'll sit with you right here and see if your parents show up, okay?" I say leading her to a table.

She simply nods and I left her onto a chair beside me. I immediately call the police and ask if there are any reports of a missing child.

"Actually, one just came in. A little girl, three years old, she went missing this morning from her front yard." The lady on the other line says.

"I think I may have found her. I was just approached by a child that fits the description." I say keeping an eye on the little girl.

"Wonderful! I'll send a unit and the parents over soon. Do you know your location?"

I tell her where I am and she thanks me for helping and we hang out. A woman comes out of the shop behind me and asks if there's anything she can help me with. I ask her if she can bring a cold water bottle out for the little girl.

She nods and heads back inside. The little girl climbs off her chair and into my lap. She leans her head on my chest and grips my shirt. The lady comes back out with my water. I hand her a five dollar bill and tell her to keep the change.

I manage to get the little girl, who's name is Lily, to drink some water. Five minutes pass before the cops pull up. I stay seated with Lily, who is drinking more water, as they all get out of the car.

A worried woman jumps out of a black car behind the cops.

"Lily!" She shrieks.

Lily jumps off me and runs to her mom. The police ask me a couple questions and then they leave. The lady thanks me and gives me her phone number in case I need anything. She shoves a hundred dollar bill into my hand and thanks me again.