Vacation

I wake up in Dakotas arms. He's carrying me up the stairs to his old bedroom. I nuzzle into his chest and he stops suddenly.

"Are you awake?" He whispers.

"Only for a little bit." I mumble.

"Can you help me take off your makeup?"

"Sure. I have to take my meds anyway."

Dakota continues walking up the stairs and sits me on a toilet in the bathroom. He rummages through my makeup bag and pulls out the makeup removing wipes. I start pulling off the false eyelashes. Dakota gently rubs my face until he's satisfied with his work.

He went through four wipes to get all the foundation, concealer, mascara, lipstick, and eyeliner off my face. The eyeliner smudges under my eyes and it stays there, despite Dakota having me wash my face with warm water. I take my sleeping pills with water from the faucet once my face is dry.

Finally, I'm allowed to go into the room and change out of my dress. Dakota helps me slip the dress off and sets it flat on a chair. Instead of pulling on pajama pants, I simply pull off my bra and climb under the covers.

"Aren't you gonna put a shirt on?" Dakota asks me.

"No." I mutter.

"What if the blankets fall off in the middle of the night and my parents walk in?" He asks.

"Shut up and get in here with me so I don't freeze." I say.

He chuckles slightly and kisses my cheek.

"Fine." He says

——————

I roll over and feel Dakota's bare skin on mine. His hands reach us my waist and grip onto my chest.

"Ope, wrong place." He mumbles

I smile at his little sleep talk.

His fingers find they're way up and around to my face and squish my cheeks. He continues to swish my cheeks until I roll back to face him and press my face into his chest. He holds me tighter and I fall back to sleep.

——

I wake up again to screaming. I shoot up from the bed covering myself and scream back. Dakota wakes up and screams with us.

"YOU'RE BOTH NAKED!" Taylor yells.

"TAYLOR, GET OUT OF MY ROOM!" Dakota yells back

"I'M TELLING MOM!" Taylor yells

I've stopped screaming. Dakota yanks the blankets back and charges at Taylor, who immediately backs away and runs off. Dakota chases after him and when he comes back he slams the door shut.

"Man, I hate that kid." Dakota says crawling back under the sheets.

"Shouldn't we be getting ready to leave?" I ask.

"Yeah, But I want to cuddle with you for a little while longer." Dakota says.

"Fine." I say laying back down.
~

I walk down the stairs with Dakota an hour later with all our things in hand. Taylor looks at me and raises an eyebrow. The purplish bruises on my neck are showing due to my laziness. I smirk at Taylor and go to hug Polly.

"Thank you for having me." I say.

"Oh dear no need for that! You are welcome to stay here whenever you'd like." Polly says.

"Oh, thank you." I say.

We hug one last time and then Dakota helps me into the car. I watch as he says bye to his mom and then his siblings. A familiar blonde walks up.