Engagement Parties

"Faith Rene Bagans, will you marry me?"

My jaw drops. Sitting in the box is a rose gold engagement ring. Right in the center is a beautiful diamond. It's stunning. The man holding it is even more stunning. My hands flutter to cover my mouth.

Holy shit

I start sobbing right there in front of him. I want to say yes but I can't make my mouth move. It just opens and closes several times.

Dumb bitch, just say YES

"Yes!" I choke out, "Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes!"

Dakota smiles and wraps me into a bone crushing hug. This is the best day of my life!

"I love you." He whispers.

"I love you too." I whisper back.

When he lets go of me, he takes my left hand and slips the promise ring off my finger. Dakota replaces the promise ring with the engagement ring. I stare at the beautiful ring on my finger. I wrap Dakota up I to another hug and just cry some more.

I hear cheering from ride beside us. Of course, they wouldn't be my family if they didn't make a big deal about everything. Dakota and I turn to face my uncles and dad. They all have their phones out besides Jay, who's taking pictures on his camera. I chuckle through the sobs.

"Party time!" Aaron yells.

"Yeah!" Zak says

They high five each other and jump around in the sand. Thank god Jay has that camera. I turn to Dakota and lean into his chest. What an amazing day.

———

(Song for this scene: All For Us by Labyrinth ft. Zendaya this song will be used for another party scene when Faith gets back to Vegas with her friends.)

Zak had ordered a car to drive us to a club about 30 minutes from the hotel. He had allowed us to go back to the hotel and freshen up after our day at the beach. I showered and changed into some tight jeans and a loose shirt. I even curled my hair. I never curl my hair. Dakota even put nice jeans on, which he never does because he can't find any that fit properly, also because sweats are so comfy.

After freshening up, we get into the limo Zak ordered. A limousine. I've never been inside a limo before. I heard about an accident that happened in Los Angeles where one of the passengers almost died but no one really found out what happened to her because she fell off the grid after being put into an ambulance.

I sit next to Dakota in the big seats. I lean onto his shoulder as drinks are passed out. He takes a water and hands it to me.

"Are you going to drink tonight?" I ask him

"I was thinking about it but considering what happened last time, I don't think so." Dakota says opening his own water bottle.

"If you do drink, don't go overboard." I say

"Got it. Maybe I'll convince Zak to let you have something to drink." He says winking at me.

I chuckle at his silliness. Ten minutes later we arrive at the club. Zak and the guys get out first, then Dakota and I get out. I grab onto Dakotas arm as he leads me through the crowd. We're at this place called The Viper Room. It's dark inside, not to mention it smells like smoke and alcohol. The guy at the door let's us in without a problem. The place is packed with people. We all go single file to a door in the back and slip inside. Bacon waits with several other girls inside a back room. Jay smiles and kisses a girl with black hair. Billy sits next to a girl that looks like him and Aaron hugs a blonde chick with a lip piercing.