'Death' and Divorces

"You're dead."

Those words echo in my mind. I'm stumbling towards the nearest object to balance myself.

"What are you playing at?" I hiss.

"What do you mean?" Mom asks

"YOU JUST SAID THAT I AM DEAD! WHAT DO YOU THINK I MEAN?!" I roar getting you in her face

"You died honey... on the couch... in that poor mans arms." She says backing up

"I AM NOT DEAD. THE ONLY ONES WHO ARE DEAD HERE, ARE YOU GUYS!"

Mom looks taken aback. As if she was the living one.

"No, I'm not. You died! I watched you die! Harold cried so hard!" Mom says

I take a few steps back.

Oh my God.... She doesn't know she's dead.... Neither of them do....

"Mom...... You died eight years ago, when Mira and I were ten." I say softly

Moms hand flutters to her mouth. The other lands on her chest. Mom shakes her head. 

"You aren't serious.... We've been here this whole time." Mom says.

"Mom.... You guys are dead. You need to move on. It's time to go." I say backing towards the wall.

My feet aren't moving though, meaning my body is waking up.

"Wait!" Mom shouts running after me

She latches onto my body and hugs me tightly.

"I love you. I will always love you." She whispers in my ear.

I can't help but start crying at her words. It's been so long since I heard her voice.

"I love you too." I whisper back

We let go of each other and I watch as she's sucked away from me. 

I jolt up off the couch and slam my hands onto the coffee table in front of me. I'm crying violently. Dakota comforts me as best as he can.

"What happened?" he asks "The lights went out and it got really cold in here."

I manage to gather myself long enough to explain.

"I.... I saw my mom." I hiccup "She took me home and introduced me to my little brother and I saw my dad and Mira."

"I'm so sorry." Dakota whispers into my hair.

I sob harder. The pain in my chest is unimaginable. The amount of heartbreak I'm feeling can't be described.

"It... Hurts!"I sob.

"I know." Dakota says hugging me closer.

I somehow manage to cry myself to sleep. I dream of Zak and the guys on their investigation. So many bad things happen. I wake up several times throughout the night. Dakota makes sure I take my pills to help me sleep. I wake up again in the morning with Zak next to me. 

"Zak." I whisper.

"Shh... they jut got home." Dakota whispers.

"Oh. I'm sorry." I say.

I tuck Zak into my bed and get up to sit in the living room.

"Wanna go back to our room?" Dakota asks.

I nod. I normally stay in Zak's hotel room unless I need to shower, or if Mike the audio guy is here. Mike creeps me out. Dakota and I walk out of the room and down the hall. We strip down to our underwear when we get into the room.