Euphoric

WARNING: DRUG USE

*four and a half years ago*

I slip on my skin tight jeans with the holes in the knees. The only thing this outfit needs is the beat up old school vans. I search my closet for the shoes.

Once I find them, I put them on and open the window. I chuck my purse out to where Mel and Duke are waiting for me. I climb out quietly and close the window quietly. I jump off the roof and land on my feet.

"Ready?" Duke asks taking my hand.

"Of course." I say with a wry smile.

"Good cuz we're about to have the time of our lives." Duke says

Melanie smiles and then drags me towards the car. I climb into the back seat and start digging through my bag. I pull out the lighter and snap for Melanie to pass her unlit blunt. She hands it to me and I light it, taking a huge breath in.

I let the smoke out through my nose and wait to feel it hit me. I take another pull.

"We're gonna be doing some hard core drugs tonight Mel. Are you gonna join us?" Duke asks

"Only if Faith does." Mel says

"You bet I am." I say leaning forward and handing her the blunt.

"Don't go crazy tonight." Melanie states taking the joint and placing it between her cotton candy pink lips.

"I won't." I smirk

"Good."

We can hear the music from the house up the dirt path from where we parked. Duke and I walk hand in hand with Melanie. Duke is cute. He's tall and dark haired. He's 16, the quarterback on my schools football team, and a straight A student. He's very smart.

We met through after school tutoring. He had walked up and asked if he could sit with me. Obviously I let him sit next to me. I'm a nice person and no one was at my table. Everyday after that, I found myself sitting next to him at lunch, in classes, while waiting for the bus, and in tutoring.

So when he asked me to be his girlfriend, I naturally said yes. He takes me out and brings me home on time. Always ten minutes before curfew and then he'd help me sneak out after my aunt and uncle were asleep. Luckily my house has those locks that you need to push into a hole drilled into the door frame, I always keep that one locked at night.

~~

I find myself at a table watching people sniff white powder through a straw. Duke is off with his football friends, not drinking, but he is smoking.

"You wanna try?" A girl with braided hair asks me after finishing her line of powder.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Cocaine." She says

I shrug and grab a small piece of straw off the table. The girl shows me how to sniff or 'snort' it. I follow her instructions and follow the line of powder on the table.

It burns my nose but it hits me instantly. I want more. The girl next to me motions me to bend over and do more. I smile at her and comply.