Almost Free

(Little trigger warning here mentions of abuse and rape ahead.)

Three months. Three months of being tied to a table being cut up and carved. Phil thinks it's funny to see me scream in pain while he drenches me in hydrogen peroxide. The disinfectant burns my skin to the point of tears. Phil eventually took the iron gag off of me. It left my mouth red, sore, and bloody. I spit the metallic substance out of my mouth and try to get the taste off my tongue.

Another three months tied to the floor of the second room. I learned the names of he ones who hurt me. There was one. Jackson. I never like him. He's the one who hurt me the most. Mutilating my body in ways even the most violent criminal would be ashamed of. I wanted him dead. When I was in his 'care' I was whipped, beaten, slapped, raped, stabbed, shot. Yeah. He shot me.

Phil caught on at what Jackson was doing and made him leave.

'We have to keep her alive and your killing her' I heard him hiss.

Not like I was going to live anyway. I've been fed I think twice in my entire time here. It was very little portions of either cooked meat or stale bread.

Another three months, Phil ties me to some chains attached to the ceiling in the same small dark room I was in before. The first day I was here I mean. I faintly recognize the scent of gasoline. The chains are pulled so I'm lifted off the floor into a standing position. My toes barely touch the ground. I feel something sticky underneath them. A light flicks on and I see the weird icky substance on the ground.

Oh god they are going to set me on fire

I start to wiggle as I hear the match being lit. I use what little strength I have left to pull myself up and upside down. I wrap my legs around the chains and then I thrust my hands up over my head and hold myself up that way. The flames lick my hair and singe the ends. The weight of holding myself up gets to be too much. I drop my self and hear one of my arms snap. The fire kisses my skin with burning lips. I scream as it burns me. Then I'm hit with an icy cold jet of water. I choke on the water trying not to swallow any of it or snort it through my nose.

When the water stops flowing, Phil walks over and stabs me right in the hip straight through the right side of my abdomen. I belt out a string of obscenities. Phil starts laughing. I kick him in the groin causing the knife to go deeper into my side. I cry out in pain as I watch the knife sit so calmly in my body. It's not the long wicked knife. It's a shorter blade but equally as thick. I know that all these wounds are going to leave scars.

The knife is then ripped from my body and a fountain of blood pours out of the wound. I get dizzy and I black out.

~~~~~

"I have good news and bad news." The doctor says.

"Bad news first." I say.

"Bad news is that she's gonna be stuck like this for a little while longer. She seems to be stuck in her head due to an unfortunate trauma. Leaving her to go through it all again. There's not many cases like this in the world and most of them unfortunately, don't make it through." The doctor explains sitting down.

I sigh and rub my face.

"What's the good news?" I ask

"It's treatable. Seeing that she's showing signs of understanding what's going on, we can treat her through a series of tests. We target the things that she loves the most. Like family and friends. Maybe even a boyfriend if she has one."

"Oh thank god." I say wrapping my arm around Faith.

"Mr. Bagans, there is something that I need to tell you about that concerns her."