Graduation

*two weeks after the party*

I sigh loudly as I stare at myself in the mirror. I smooth the black gown down and adjust the cap. I smooth my hair for the fourth time.

It's graduation day. I don't know how this day came so fast. I never did any of my actual work and I was never good at maths. I was shocked when the cap and gown came in the mail.

My makeup is light and natural, with a deep red matte lipstick. My hair has been curled. My outfit underneath is casual and fancy at the same time. Which is odd. I hate wearing dresses. It's an uncomfortable, tight- fitting, black dress. Hailey made me wear it. She even managed to buy me a matching set of undergarments. A black strapless bra and panties. She said it was purely for 'sex appeal'. I don't know what that means but it probably has something to do with Dakota.

I slip on the black heels and grab my phone off the table. My phone slips out of my hand and smashes against the wall. I gasp. I rush over and pick it up. The screen is shattered.

"Oh no..." I whisper.

I check my watch. I'm going to be late if I don't leave now. I shove the cracked phone into my gown pocket. I nearly trip on the way out the door.

"Zak! Let's go!" I shout as I grab my clutch.

I hear a click. Damn Jay and his camera.

"Damn you, Jay!" I say

Jay chuckles but continues clicking away. Zak comes running out, dressed in something nice. Not his usual baggy black clothing.

"Oh! You look beautiful, honey. Are you ready to go?" Zak says fixing his tie in the mirror.

"Yeah. Um, Zak I gotta tell you something." I say sheepishly.

I'm 75% sure he's going to be pissed when I tell him about the phone. It was a gift after all. I've taken such good care of it, there's not even a scratch on it.

"What's up? Walk and talk kiddo, we don't wanna be late." Says Zak

I hike up my graduation gown. My heels click on the tile of the foyer as I rush out the door.

"I dropped my phone and the screen shattered." I say pulling it out and showing it to him.

He stops to look at it momentarily and then sighs. He rubs my shoulder gently.

"Oh that's alright. Things happen. When did you drop it?" He asks

"Like ten minutes ago." I say

"I'll get you a new one later on. Don't worry about it sweetie." Zak says opening up the door to the car.

I smile and get in. So he's not mad. Good. What if he gets mad later? No don't think that.

"Dakota is gonna be there with his family. After the ceremony, were all gonna go out to dinner and Dakota is taking you out for the engagement shoot. Is that okay?" Zak asks.

He's taken time out of investigating to make arrangements for the engagement shoot. Dakota and I have only been engaged for three weeks and I swear Zak and Polly are secretly starting to plan our wedding. The Laden family rented a house out here in Vegas and Polly has not left ours in three days.

"Yeah." I say

"Okay good." Zak says

"I want a big say in how the wedding goes." I blurt

"Well of course. Your getting married, not me." Zak says making a right into the parking lot of the school.

"I know. I think I'm more stressed than you are." I say