Alternate Ending #1

*before*

My eyes pry open. The white lights above my head blind me. I'm in a hospital. Why am I in the hospital? I'm supposed to be at work with Zak.

I try to get up but my hands won't move. I'm in a straight jacket. Why!

"Zak?!" I scream.

"ZAK!"

I scream his name over and over until someone comes running down a hall. Finally he heard me. Zak is coming to rescue me from this hell. A male nurse shows up instead.

"Hey sweetheart. How are you feeling?" He asks

"Who are you? Wheres Zak?" I ask.

The nurse sighs.

"We've been over this Faith. Zak isn't real. He's a famous guy on television that you see in the common room. You're in a psych ward." The nurse says

He checks his watch as if he was waiting for something to happen.

"What?" I ask confused.

"He's not here. I don't know what you want me to do.... you aren't screaming and crying..."

"Why would I?"

"You're usually telling me about this whole world you've dreamt up in your head about Zak Bagans, the lead investigator of Ghost Adventures. But you aren't. What happened?"

"I don't know. I was in this so called 'world' when I woke up in this room in a straight jacket."

"That's.... odd. You've been in a coma like state of consciousness for the past 12 months. That may be a result of what happened but.."

"What happened?" I cut him off

"Come with me. I'll explain in the way to the wardens office." The make nurse says taking me by the back of my jacket and leading my out of the room.

When we walk out, everything around me goes silent. The people stare at me. The other nurses jump out of the way.

"Why are they staring at me like that?" I ask

"You're a high risk patient. You've hurt some of the nurses when you were admitted." Says the nurse.

I would never hurt anyone. He must be lying because I don't think I've ever hurt a soul.

"Can you take me out of this thing?" I ask when we reach a door that says 'Warden Green'

"Only if you promise to behave yourself and not hurt anyone or your self." Says the man

"I promise. I wouldn't hurt a fly." I say

The man opens the door to the wardens office and unbuckles my jacket. My arms are sore from being held so tightly. The jacket comes off finally and is set in a chair. I slowly start stretching my arms out while I wait for the nurse to finish talking to the lady at the desk. I look around the walls.

Blank except some pictures or trees and rivers, a bookshelf, and a filing cabinet. I go to the bookshelf and look at the little knick knacks on the shelves. I see a soft looking stuffed animal. I reach up and touch it. The fabric is worn and old. It's been well loved. I move onto a colouring book beside the stuffed animal.

"Um.... would you like some crayons?" The lady asks nervously.

"Yes, please." I respond politely.

"My.... Damien you made it seem like she was a horrible person, yet she's so polite. Why don't you both have a seat while I call the Warden." She says pulling out a large plastic tub of crayons from under her desk.