HOW SHE CAME TO BE IN BTS?

A/N: popping in to say I published a levi Ackerman fic if ya'll interested!

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

2009 (Age 15- PRE-BTS CONCEPTS)

If Maeum was being honest, becoming an idol wasn't the first ideal career path for her.

At the age of 15, she started to think of her life and her one priority was to help her overworked mother and younger sister. Already working, the money Maeum made wasn't enough to help her mother. She was thankful for her daughter's help but that didn't stop the growing bags under her eyes and exhaustion she always faced.

Maeum knew school wasn't for her. She excelled in gym, art, singing, but failed in math, English and common core classes. University was still far away but she wasn't nearly ready to go and frankly she didn't want to spend her time mulling it to become a doctor or businesswoman. She wanted to help her mother but she also wanted to be happy.

At a young age, her mother had instilled in her to do what she loves because she would be doing it for a very long time and there is no point in doing something that makes you unsatisfied. Ironic considering her circumstances but if she had to struggle, she didn't want her daughters to live terrible lives.

Art was the number one thing Maeum loved to do even as a child. To build a character around an unseen world with problems that could relate to others like many mangas and artworks had done to her, she wanted to do that too. Her number one dream was to become a manga artist, move off to Japan and start fresh. For so long she thought about it but, one thought of her mother and sister pinned that dream away into her deepest thoughts.

She couldn't bare to leave them behind so, she thought of a potentially endangering dream.

To be an idol.

Singing was something she didn't take seriously at first. She did it when she was a kid to ease her sister's nightmares just like her mother's singing had done to her. Joining choir as a child was the first step in setting her on the path of many years of singing for her school.

As she grew older, her love for it grew, it didn't compare to her love for art but she was good at it, or so other said. Maeum didn't consider herself the best at it but she considered herself good.

Good enough to try her shot at being an idol.

Like any procrastinating student, Maeum did not think very deeply about what she was setting herself out to do.

She didn't invest fully into the idea so her dreams wouldn't be crushed. One foot was in while the other was out.

During a time where companies were holding auditions, Maeum wasn't bold enough to try the big three. Only the best of the best went there and she wasn't about to compete against true talent so, she shot for something smaller.