CL AND MAEUM

smolvenus  I hope this makes you proud. (Requested)

Never in a million years did Maeum anticipate her forming a bond with the woman she admired more than anyone in the music business. It happened and it continued to feel surreal to her, especially when the line between friend and love blur.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

2016:

2NE1 DISBANDMENT

2NE1 DISBANDMENT

Disbandments are a common occurrence through the life of Kpop groups. Either a group thrives and prospers under the spotlight and with time, their fame fizzles and members age, or a group barely gets off the ground and flutters for a second but eventually end up crashing.

For Maeum, 2NE1 was in neither category. They were legends in their own league, stars to the world of kpop who inspired up and coming acts much like herself. They were a light in the naive eyes of trainees who hoped they would one day reach the success as big as the five icons.

But there are times where the company that is supposed to set you up on a path of success, giving you the tools to make it big, instead try to keep you down, keep you from reaching your potential for no good reason other than ego. For Maeum, that is what she believed YG had done to her idols. What he had done to her special friend.

The news spread like wildfire. Kpop media sources and online influencers had reported the news and shared their own opinions on the matter. Blackjacks were disheartened over the news, unable to do anything but wish their idols the best. It was a dark ending for a glorious legacy.

But for Maeum it was excruciating to receive a call from her friend in tears over the matter. She could do nothing but hear the sobs from a person who had no part in the choice, hear her broken words laced with anger and defeat and knew nothing she could say would make the matter better. Still, she did her best. She listened and soothed Chaerin the best of her ability through the phone. She heard the frustration and sadness but provided a light at the end of the tunnel. Words to keep her going and content before their call ended.

"Thank you, Mae..." Chaerin whispered before the dial tone rung.

Despite being good, almost flawless with her words, Maeum didn't think it was enough. Sure, she might've tended the wound to her crush's heart but was nowhere near healing it. A task she could not do alone but one she could set her on a path to do herself.

Chaerin had music as her whole heart. She loved creating it piece by piece and presenting it for the world to see. Anyone with vision could notice that. So it would be music that Maeum would use to heal her heart.

Creating a song was no easy task. It took many rewrites and finding a beat and rolling with it. Even with Maeum's years of unreleased music, it was nerve-racking to start from scratch. She was by no means the best of the business but she was decent. And with the time limit she had given herself, doing it by herself, she did a phenomenal job if she might say so.