MAJINRIN

— SHIP NAME:MaJinRin

— SHIP NAME:
MaJinRin

PEOPLE INVOLVED:
Lee Chaerin + Ki Maeum + Kim Seokjin

— PREVIOUS RELATIONSHIP STATUS:
— Chaerin <—> Maeum: dated
— Jin —> Maeum: in love with (kept to himself)

SITUATION?:
Between the years of 2016–2017 both Maeum and Chaerin were engaged in an initiate relationship. Maeum, a big Chaerin Stan has her wish come true meeting her backstage at the MAMA awards where she was set to perform. The older woman was impressed, to say the least over the female member's talent and saw the potential that she could harness in due time.

A friendship was formed following the events, a friendship that started off as stated simply friends. Neither had ill or other intentions other than being companions. Chaerin acting as a role model and mentor to Maeum, helping her deal with the hate, accepting her position in BTS and find the confidence within herself to be the butterfly she was capable of becoming.

Along the way their paths intertwined. It was unclear when the pairing had formed from a close friendship to holding hands and gazing into the other's eyes for an extremely long time that crossed the friendship barrier. The two acted as if the situation was normal and never thought to properly bring it up for discussion but rather, let their emotions take them where it felt right.

The right emotion let them engage in a sexual relationship, one that morphed into a romantic one. The words dating never left the other's mouth. Asking the other to be their girlfriend wasn't a question released in the air but the acknowledgment of their feelings was enough for them to continue with their romantic relationship.

It was an incredible feeling for Maeum. It wrapped around her, filled her mind and body with bliss and happiness she had never felt before. She had found love, her first love. She wanted to scream it from the rooftops and let anyone know despite the consequences but started with the people who meant the absolute most to her: BTS.

Maeum was more strict with telling her members than Chaerin was. She was patient and waited an appropriate amount of time before she felt confident in the profession of the relationship to continue. All while she was waiting for the right moment, YG Entertainment had discovered the news and found it most interesting.

YG Entertainment was not unknown to the claims of wanting to poach Maeum from BigHit, to bring her into the folds of YG Entertainment. In order for that to occur, they used the closest connection they had in order to manipulate her into succumbing to their pressure.

Chaerin and Maeum faced a lot of issues because of YG. From seeing each other as both possibly could to not seeing each other for weeks and resorting to messages and FaceTimes. And with time that too was taken from them. With less contact with her girlfriend came more of YG's push to join the company which time and time again Maeum refused.