Book 1 : Chapter 5

"Justice they need you down at the office" Mr Otis called out.

She was in the middle of taking a test.

When she reached the office her mother was sitting in one of the chairs crying her eyes out.

"Ma what's wrong?".

"Freddy got shot" she said referring to her boyfriend.

A weird feeling shot throughout her body. "T-They say he not gone make it Justice" she cried.

Justice didn't know how to feel, in her head she was thinking she could give two fucks about him being dead but the way her momma was handling it made her feel bad.

"What happened?" She asked.

"H-He got shot..they shot him six times in the chest, Ooh my baby he didn't deserve that. He didn't do nothing to nobody" she sobbed.

Really bitch?

"I want you to come back home Justice.. please I need you".

She wanted to say Hell naw but she couldn't just leave her there alone. Justice gave her a hug. The principal said she could take the rest of the day off so they went back home.

She should've stayed at school she thought. The whole day she cried and told Justice memories about him. She sat there and acted like she cared so she would feel better.

"I know y'all last encounter was rough. It's okay that you lied on him, I forgive you" she said sipping her coffee.

"What?".

"I said it's okay that you lied on him. I forgive you baby" she said again.

So I did hear that right she thought.

"Lied?! You honestly think I would lie about that?!".

"Justice.. it's no need for all that. I said I forgive you".

"See.. I was being nice coming back and comforting you, but I can't do this. I can't" She said standing up.

"You can't do what?" She asked. "This! You! I can't believe you believing this clown over me! Until you realize what's reality I can't live here".

She grabbed her phone and called Kentrell.

"You think you grown huh?! You still a child Justice and you gone watch yo mouth when you talking to me!".

Justice ignored her.

"Hello?" He answered.

It sounded like he was asleep.

"Yeah, I didn't mean to wake you but can you come get me?".

"I thought you wasn't out of school until another hour?" He asked her. "I left early, I'm home".

"Alright I'll be there in twenty minutes"

She waited on the front porch until he got here. She didn't wanna be nowhere near that lady. She was sick. When she seen his car Justice jumped up and walked into the driveway. She was about to get in the car when her mother came outside throwing her things in the grass.