Book 1 : Chapter 22

VOTE.

"You need me to grab those bags?" Justice questioned. "Oh no sweetie, I got them" the elderly lady said back. Justice could tell she was struggling.

"It's really no problem I was just finishing up here" Justice said convincing the lady. "Okay well my car is parked out front" she said handing over the bags. Justice followed her out her work place. "Thank you so much. You can sit them in the backseat" she told Justice while opening her car door. She sat down then started going in her purse.

"No problem, get home safe Ms. Pearl" Justice said shutting the door. She pulled out a fifty dollar bill. "Here you go baby".

"No, I won't take that. This is my job" Justice smiled. The elderly lady looked at her with confusion. "Honest. I'm good" She assured her. She nodded and pulled off in her vehicle.

Justice walked to her car and got in. She started thinking back to a couple weeks back at Gigi house. That shit left her feeling weird. Gigi told her it wasn't that big of a deal and that Kentrell and Julius weren't even friends all like that. She gave Julius, Justice phone number that night. He ended up texting her and they've been texting every since. It was only weird to her because he was associated with Kentrell but he told Justice he didn't care. He said he liked her and wanted to get to know her and Justice was cool with that. She felt like he was cool and seemed chilled.

A loud tap on the window brought her back to reality. "Girl I know you hear yo phone ringing" Gigi said walking around to the passenger side.

She looked down at her phone and noticed two missed calls from Gigi. "Shut up and get in".

Gigi started working at the same place as Justice. She been told Gigi she could easily get her in but she was never serious up until now. Her sugar daddy wasn't giving out no-more money because apparently she wasn't giving out any sugar.

She pulled out the parking lot and down the street. "I wanna go to that new spot that just opened" Gigi said.

"Where? We aint go out ina minute"

"On Carnegie" She said reading the post. "Girl it's dirty over there" Justice laughed. Gigi joined in.

"Girl we are going. Like it or not" She said applying lip gloss to her lips.

                              •••••

"You ready?" Gigi asked from the front room. "Yeah here I come" Justice responded applying her last shade of lip gloss.

She grabbed her phone and purse off the bed and headed to the front room.

"Girl Cartel ass been blowing me up"-

Gigi looked up from her phone and started smiling. "Damn I look that good?" Justice said looking at her ass in the nearby mirror. "Hell yeah, Girl you making me wanna go change my outfit!" She joked.

They glanced in the mirror one more time then they walked out shutting the door behind them.

"What was you saying about..you know" Justice asked. "Who? Cartel?" Gigi asked.

Justice gave her a look. She knew exactly who Justice was talking about.

"Oh I was saying he be blowing my shit up, I guess he on his way to the club" she said.

Justice did not like him. Not one bit. She once cared for him but everything happens for a reason you know?

They stepped off the elevator and was greeted by the man who always sat at the desk.

"Hey my favorite ladies" he smiled. Gigi looked at Justice and bursted into laughter. "Thank you" Justice said as they walked passed him.

"You drive?" Justice asked as they made their way to the parking lot. "Duh" Gigi said back. Justice tossed her keys to Gigi and they both got in.

"You know I love driving yo whip" Gigi said starting up the car. "I mean who wouldn't?" Justice laughed. They pulled off and made their way to the club.

"Damn how much longer? It seem as if we been driving for hours" Justice complained. "Girl the GPS said five minutes to the destination" Gigi mocked. "Who Cartel finna be with?" Justice asked hoping to see Julius. She hadn't seen him since that night. He claimed he was busy so she respected that. "I don't know, he didn't say" Gigi responded.

After ten minutes they parked and waited on Cartel which took forever. "Hello? Where you at?" Gigi questioned after sitting there for ten minutes. "Walking up, I see y'all" Cartel said before hanging up. "Come on" Gigi said getting out the car. Justice followed. "This bitch betta not be corny cause ima leave you" Justice said pulling her dress down. "How and I got the keys?" Gigi laughed. "Oh as soon as you get a drink or two, I'll have them watch". They both laughed but was interrupted by Cartel.

"Wassup" he said kissing Gigi. Justice started walking towards the club. She didn't even notice Kentrell walking up behind Cartel. "Damn what's her problem?" Cartel laughed. "You know she don't fuck with you like that" Gigi responded. "But she fuck with Julius like that huh?" Cartel questioned. "Word?" Kentrell said walking into their conversation. They both turned and faced him. This was Gigi first time seeing him in years.

"Damn bro, I forgot to tell you. Justice fucking with Julius clown ass" Cartel laughed. "Stay outta her business. Whatever Justice do don't have nothing to do with neither of y'all" Gigi said walking off. Cartel watched as her ass jiggled.

"You hitting that?" Kentrell smirked. "Come on now, you know me" He said patting his chest. They followed Gigi into the club. When they entered it was packed. Bitches and niggas everywhere. Gucci Mane blasted on the speakers. "What you drinking on bro?" Cartel asked Kentrell. "Patron you know me" He said eyeing the club for Justice. He didn't see her nowhere. Cartel caught on and started laughing.

"Why you checking for that bitch? She fucking Julius now homie" he laughed. "Aye watch yo mouth and hurry up with my drink I'm finna go get our VIP" Kentrell said walking away. He wasn't finna let Cartel get to him even though his words hit him deep. Julius been working around him, chopping it up, drinking like everything cool. He wasn't finna let that shit slide no longer.

"Girl why his black ass keep starring at you?" Gigi yelled over the music. Justice followed her eyes and noticed a dark skinned younger looking dude starring. "I don't know, he look fifteen" Justice laughed. "Girl fuck his ass. Kentrell looking good tonight" Gigi said taking a sip of her patron. Justice eyes grew big. "What you mean?" She asked. "You ain't see him yet? Bitch he here! And why Cartel clown ass tell him you fuck with Julius? Fried right?" Gigi said. Justice almost threw up in her mouth. "I-I gotta use the bathroom" Justice said before sprinting to the bathroom. It was so many people on the dance floor she had to push her self through. "Damnit!" She said after spilling her drink on somebody shoes. "You good ma" she heard a familiar voice say.

When she looked up her eyes connected with big brown eyes that for some reason looked sad. It was Kentrell. When he noticed it was Justice, he looked like he had seen a ghost. It's like they were the only people in the room, they both took a long stare at each other. Her heart was beating out her chest. His heart felt like it was in his stomach. "I'm-I'm sorry" she said before moving out his way. He stood there and watched as she made her way to the women's bathroom.

"Aye bro, you ain't gone never guess who here" Cartel said snapping Kentrell out his trance. He snapped back into reality. "Who?" He asked. "Julius".