Book 1 : Chapter 8

"When you going back to school? You ain't been to school in weeks J" Kentrell questioned.

"I'm just going to get my GED, I'm trying to get my life together and school isn't gonna help me" she shrugged.

He looked over at her like she was crazy.

"Watch the road" Justice told him.

"Man scratch that shit, what you mean you not going back? What's stopping you? You got a roof over yo head, food in yo mouth and money in yo pockets".

She rolled her eyes.

"Kentrell I'm not tryna be living with you forever, I wanna make my own money and get my own house".

"What you mean?" He questioned.

She assumed just hit a nerve because he pulled over and parked at the stop sign. They were on their way to get some food from a Chinese restaurant but he wanna play games.

"I didn't mean it like that. I'm just saying I want my own shit Kentrell".

He sat there quiet looking straight ahead. Then after a few minutes he nodded then pulled off. She didnt get what was the big deal? She was already overstaying her welcome like..what's the issue?

They pulled up to the restaurant and Kentrell just sat there. He usually go and get their food but again, today he wants to play games.

"Gone head and order" he said passing her his black card.

He ain't have to tell her twice! She was starving. She was gone deal with his attitude later. Justice walked up and two guys stood there posted. One guy was a dark-skinned chubby guy with dreads that definitely needed a re-twist and the other guy was light-skinned with a low fade. She walked passed them and into the restaurant to order. Justice noticed the dark-skinned one was staring her up and down the other one didn't really pay much attention. Which was fine, due to neither of them being her type.

"Hey can I get two sweet and sour meals, one with a sprite and the other root beer?" She told the cashier.

"Twelve seventy-five" she responded.

She gave the lady the card. After she swiped it and handed Justice the receipt she stepped off to the side.

"Fiy minutes!" She yelled.

Justice never understood why Chinese people were so damn loud. She reminded her of her first grade teacher, she was always so loud acting like they would understand her better because she yelled. She remembered one time Gigi ass called herself mocking our teacher and when she got sent to the principal office she told them that it was Justice, they both got detention. Justice should've been realized she never had her back. Yeah they was close, yeah she loved Gigi but some people just don't have your best interest at heart.

She was deep into her thoughts she didn't even notice the same dark-skinned guy that was outside was now in her face.

"Wassup my beautiful queen" he said talking in an Jamaican voice.

Justice turned around then back at him.

"Me?" she asked.