Book 1 : Chapter 14

"Girl it's yo birthday we finna celebrate. Lil sis finally legal" Cartel said.

She laughed. This nigga can't never be serious.

"Where we going?" Justice asked looking out a window.

"I'm throwing you a party, I know Kentrell couldn't be here for you on this day so here I am stepping up" he said patting his chest.

It's been three months since the day Kentrell was supposed to come home. A misunderstanding happened while he was in there and they pushed it back a few months. He got another month left and she couldn't wait.

Cartel been driving her around all day. Those drivers were no longer needed. Cartel never really told her what happened but he seemed a little down over the past weeks. He tried to hide it but she knew him so well.

"Ugh when we gone get there? It seem like you been driving for hours" Justice complained.

"Nigga shut up. It's gone be worth it and if Kentrell seen you in this dress you know he a fuck you up!" He said looking over at her.

She wore a hot pink dress that had silver fur at the bottom and some silver heels that matched. It sounds tacky but I promise it's cute. Justice smiled. Just the thought of Kentrell made her smile. She missed him so much. He basically been in jail a whole half of a year.

"We finally here. You ready for your big surprise?" He asked.

He's been talking about some surprise he bought her for the past weeks. Justice looked around and the parking lot was packed.

"Damn I don't know all these people how did you plan this?" She asked excited.

"Well basically, I got some people from our old city to come down here and some people from around here just a big bunch of people from everywhere" he laughed.

"Do I look right?" She asked rubbing the sides of my hair down.

Her hair stylist slayed her middle part.

"Yeah come on J, these people been waiting on us for a hour" he laughed.

Justice stepped out the car and pulled her dressed down. She looked over at Cartel who also wore pink, it was a polo jogging suit with some forces that complemented his Durag.

They walked up to the entrance and the music was blasting, people was dancing. It's just perfect.

"Here come the birthday girl!" Some lady Justice didn't know from a can of paint yelled.

Everybody blew their horn. Justice smiled. It was some faces she recognized and some she didn't.

The whole night, She danced and ate with Cartel. He told her he would be right back. She watched him as he disappeared into the crowd.

She stood there dancing in her own little world until she seen him walking back up. Then the music turned off. By this time everybody crowded up looking over at them.

"You ready for your surprise?" He smiled revealing his grill.

"Yes!" She grew excited.