blind

Fuck them niggas for life, the way they did me wrong

Fuck them niggas for life, the way they did me wrong. I was blind when they crossed me. - YoungBoy Never Broke Again

yasmin

"I want to go Berkeley." I breathed out the words, finally

I hated this place with every ounce of who I was. Every bad thing I've ever experienced happened on these grounds and I was ready to go and never look back.

Maybe Kalin and Jax needed me. Maybe even Kenya needed me. We needed Jayo, and yet the these streets still too him. I wasn't tryna get took.

For once, I was okay not being who I thought everybody needed me to be. I was selfish enough now to realize I shouldn't have to live my whole life in this sad ass town.

If I sit on a ticket out, Jayo died in vain.

Mrs. Williams stared back at me with a blank look, "Well I assumed you did. I've been meaning to congratulate you, only this week didn't seem like the time."

Confused by her response I continued, "Is it too late for me to take up on their offer?"

"Yasmin what? You're already enrolled. I received a confirmation about a week ago." she reached into her drawers.

"I didn't contact them."

"You did."

"Ms, I'm telling you I didn't."

"Sometimes when we experience loss, we forget—"

"Nah." I stopped her before she could continue, "I lost the letter. I never confirmed anything."

Putting on her glasses she scanned over the 'confirmation'. "Says here, it was discussed with a guardian."

"What guardian? My momma just came into town this week. And she wouldn't care for this."

"Your momma's back?" her eyes shot up to face me. I nodded. "How are you holding up? And Kalin?"

"I'm fine. We're all fine. She'll be gone when she realizes we can't provide her with any money anyway."

Sad case, but it wasn't nun but the truth.

Her eyes held sympathy as she nodded, before looking over the paper once more. "Kalin Palmer. It was Kalin, Yasmin."

"But he didn't even—" I realized now that the letter lied on my nightstand before it went missing. He must've went in there and saw it. "Oh. Thank you Ms."