dream's chapter

#LOVETRUTHFULLY

dream

The tension in the air didn't go unnoticed.

Today was Alicia baby shower and of course my dumbass agreed to helping set up, not knowing Yasmin was gon be at a shoot for most of it.

Hakeem, Melo, and Armani was already setting up tables. Kalin was on the grill. And somehow I got stuck doing balloons with Kenya.

See, I ain't have any problem with Kenya at all. If anything I had mad respect for her. Ion think I'd survive loosing the father of my unborn child
like that. But Kenya ain't like me. And it was so obvious.

I knew it was probably cause me and Yasmin been getting really close lately but I ain't have no intentions on stealing her best friend.

Yasmin told me she was distancing herself from Kenya but she ain't give me a specific reason besides that she just felt like she couldn't understand her no more and vice versa. And I wasn't one to ask things that ain't concern me.

Yasmin and I's friendship was based off of the mutual understanding we had for one another. Truth is I ain't ever told nobody bout that rape but her. And from what I knew she ain't told nobody but me bout hers too. And that just bonded us in a way I couldn't really explain.

On accident she had become my closest friend and I had become hers too.

As Kenya reached for an unopened bag of balloons her bracelet detached from her wrist rolling close to where I sat.

"Don't touch—" before she could finish, I had already gotten it from the floor.

I held my hand out to give it back to her, "Here."

She snatched it from my hands as she narrowed her eyes at me, "You just don't know how to keep yo hand to yourself huh?"

"Huh— girl it fell."

"First Hakeem, then my best friend, now you wanna take my jewelry too?" she spat.

"Girl, nobody want your jewelry. I was handing it back to you."

"I ain't ask you for that! I know if I wasn't looking you woulda snatched it too." she grew angry.

I was looking around mad confused, and everybody had stopped what they was doing to look. This girl was really in her feelings cause I picked up her dollar tree bracelet from the floor.

"Y'all good over here?" Hakeem dirty self made his way over to us. Just his voice had me bout ready to throw up.

I opted out of responding but Kenya stepped, "You really did dodge a bullet leaving her sorry ass Keem.
If only Yasmin could see the light."