Chapter 5

The day has arrived. The day where your future gets decided. You take a deep breath out as you walk along the sidewalk, trying to push your nervousness aside to focus on mentally preparing yourself for what's going to happen. The day for the first round of auditions for JYP is here, and although you're terrified of messing up, you luckily have somebody by your side.

"You okay, (N/N)?" Hoseok asks from alongside you. The two of you keep walking to your destination, which is thankfully taking place on the outside of Gwangju and is in walking distance, as his eyes fill with concern and worry for your being. You keep looking straight forward but smile nonetheless.

"I'm just nervous, that's all. I mean, today is really important, huh?" You give a shaky laugh. The boy smiles at you and chuckles. "Yeah, I'm nervous, too. But we're gonna do great. Trust me."

  Your eyes meet with his before you stick out your pinky finger. "Promise?"

"Promise."

...

You and Hoseok have just finished eating your meal as you walk out of the restaurant. You bring your wrist up to glance at your watch. 2:15 P.M. The first round is at 3.

"Hey, Sunshine?" You call out to the boy next to you. He laughs and gives you a weird look.

"Sunshine?" He says. You only chuckle before looking back down at your feet, your nerves beginning to act up again as you think of the audition.

"Do you think," you eventually look back up to him, "We could go and practice the choreography a few times until the audition starts at three? We could probably get in about twenty minutes of practice before we have to be on our way."

He replies almost immediately. "Yeah! Yeah, sure. I think that would be good for us. Maybe it'll help our nerves settle down a bit, too."

You only nod your head as you and Hoseok begin your way to the dance studio.

...

Sweat dribbles down your forehead. You and Hoseok have just finished practice and are about ready to head over to the audition. The feeling of nervousness had left you as you practiced the choreography that you would be doing for the audition over and over. You're now confident that you are going to make it past the first round. Hoseok seems to feel the same.

"Alrighty, (N/N). I'm gonna take a quick shower and get ready for the audition. Meet me back here at 2:40. Kay'?" He says. You nod your head, thankful that the two of you knew how to shower quickly.

"Okay. I'm going to do the same." Hoseok nods before heading towards the door, water bottle in hand. He opens the door and leaves as you went over to grab your things. After gathering everything, you walk out the door to head to the other gym just a few steps down, since it's closer than your apartment.

The weather is warm. The sidewalk is aged and cracked. You've been living in Gwangju since you were born, and so has Hoseok. You sigh as a warm smile creeps upon your face. You're so grateful for Hobi, and all that he has done for you as a best friend. Best friend.. The word reminded you of.. her.

You shake your head. You shouldn't worry about her right now. She's probably doing something good with her life and didn't have any more time for you and Hoseok because she was working so hard. You feel a tiny stab at your heart.

Yeah. That's it.

...

After showering and walking back to the studio, you open the glass door as it gives a squeak. You take a small look around and your eyes eventually drift to Hoseok who sat on the bench with wet hair as he messed around with it with the towel he had brought from his house. You blush and knock and the door lightly. His head darts up and he smiles brightly with a heart-shaped grin, making your heart melt. You mentally slap yourself before turning your attention back to him.

"Ready?" He asks as you walk over to him, putting your hair in pigtails in the process. You smile back. "Ready as I'll ever be."

He stands up and beckons you over. "Let's go then. It's not that far from here, so we can walk most of the way. Then we'll need to run because you sure do shower slow," He chuckles. You laugh along with him and punch his shoulder lightly. "Whatever, Sunshine," you strike back before the two of you leave the dance studio.