Chapter 40

You huff out a long, drawn-out breath, staring yourself down in the mirror and nervousness exploding in all parts of your body as you say in a black leather chair. The hairstylist behind you, although uncaring of how petrified you appear, rushes around you, picking up combs and tools as she works on you.

It's now December the third, 2014, and you and the boys are in the back getting dressed for your performance at none other than the MAMA awards. The air is so heavy that it's suffocating, yet you're all persisting on, including the bitchy hairstylist practically ripping your hair out.

You can hardly believe that you're here. Although you feel as if you haven't contributed to the group that much (even though you 100% have), you're extremely proud of Bangtan for making it this far. So many years ago you would've never thought that you'd be here at the iconic MAMA awards.

Your performance is one that's named "Boys in Battle," a, as said in the name, sort of friendly battle between BTS and another group called 'BlockB.' Featuring a pretty solid amount of songs both belonging to you guys, BlockB, and covers and dances of popular American songs. It's one of the longest performances—if not the longest performance you and the boys have ever done.

There's a lot of reasons as to why you're so nervous at the moment. First of all, BigHit was literally considering not letting you be in the performance because you "don't fit" in a performance with all males that's, well, named "Boys in Battle." The only reason they're letting you be in it is that you play an important role in the 'Danger' choreography. The stylists are trying to make you look extra masculine today so you fit in a bit more.

Another reason is the fact alone that you guys even get to perform at MAMA. Ever since you were a kid, your favorite k-pop group, SPARKLE, and other famous groups would come on the award show and perform and you would watch every single performance every single year. So, it's a great honor that you guys even get to be here.

As much as you wanna give in, you're trying your best to not let any of this affect you and to just focus on doing perfectly in the performance for the boys, so that way you won't drag them down simply because of your presence. You and the boys have performed many times before, but nobody really took you all seriously. After all, you guys are just another rookie group hoping to make it big. But this is the MAMA awards we're talking about here, and there's some pretty important and famous k-pop groups and people here and you guys need to impress.

Finally, the stylist finishes your hair makeup and what-not, signaling (a little rudely) for you to hop up and get out. As your outfit, you have on a black leather jacket over a slightly ripped white shirt with some sort of delinquent print on it, paired with some skin-tight black jeans (that you pray you can dance in) and some black combat boots—also with some chains and accessories, of course. And your hair is in low French-braided pigtails, which are about an average length since your hair has grown out a fair amount since you had cut it extremely short many months ago.

As if on cue, the backstage manager hollers for you all, his booming voice startling you as the boys' heads snap towards the source.

"Boys! You're on in two minutes! They'll start to play the video with you guys in it in one of those minutes! We've got to get up the entrance to the stage!"

All of you hop up at this, jogging to the entrance to the stage with your heart pounding violently out of your chest. You can only imagine how the boys must feel right now, especially Jimin and Hobi since they have to do a short solo-stage to some American song you don't know the name of. Your mind's thinking all sorts of things right now, but you can't help but wonder what "special thing" Jimin is going to do in his solo-performance. Everyone knows but you.