Chapter 34

'Okay... this is like, not a date... is it? He's basically my brother...' you think as you frantically throw your clothes on. It's around the time for you to go out with Namjoon, and saying you're just nervous is barely touching on the subject. Along with these nerves comes a massive feeling of confusion.

Psh, stupid girl. Why would any man ever want to go on a date with you? That's just common sense...

"Ugh... As much as I'd love to listen to you as usual, you're certainly not helping me. Well... I guess you are right, though..." you mumble, sliding on your blouse. You decide to dress cute, but not too much as to where it'll suggest something. This is just you and Namjoon hanging out together, right?

Why are you even thinking it could be anything different? I mean, you've hung out and gone to places with the boys before.

'Something just feels... I feel... different.'

Snapping you at of your thoughts, a knock is heard at your door. You had just finished putting on your clothes, and now all you need to do is slip on your shoes and go out the door.

"(Y/N)? You ready?" Namjoon calls out from the other side, his jacket crinckling as he seemingly stuffs his hands into it. After putting on your shoes, you respond quickly. "Y-Yeah! Coming!"

You open the door to be faced with a casually dressed Namjoon. He wears a simple black jacket and a t-shirt under it, with some black jeans with a belt to go with it. Lastly, he wears his favorite pair of sneakers that he owns that somehow pulls the whole outfit together. It's simple, but charming.

Namjoon gapes at you for a second, unnoticed by you as he stands in place for a minute. Raising a brow at his antics, he notices your staring and shakes his head, coughing awkwardly. "Y-You look really pretty, (Y/N)."

A blush erupts on your face. As said before, you love compliments, especially when they're hard earned. You put a lot a thought into your chic outfit, but you don't even know why. Strangely enough, you even decided to wear your hair down for once, which definitely takes some dedication from you. Namjoon has complimented you before, but not really ever on how you look.

"Thanks.. let's go, Joonie," you say quickly, a dust of blush still lingering until you eventually shake it off. You somehow get the guts to delicately grasp his hand and lead him out the door with you to the car. You have to drive since Namjoon doesn't have his license.

There's a silence as you start up the car. Not an awkward one, either. You and Namjoon have always been extremely comfortable around each other, and are able to enjoy each others presence without conversation as if you two are so connected you have telekinesis. Even though you're close with all the members, Namjoon is definitely around the top of the list.

As you drove, Namjoon stares out the window at the  sky, his eyes going over every cloud that floats by. It's in the afternoon, and the movie you two are watching is fairly long, so it'll probably be the evening by the time you two got out.

His thoughts flood his mind, each and every one having to do with you. Like you are, he's in extreme denial about what this hangout session is inspired by in the first place. To be honest, he never actually really planned it. The only reason he came into your room the previous day was because he had a sudden desire to see you and hear your voice. He got so addicted to it so quickly that he asked you to hangout with him to experience it some more.

Namjoon's puzzled. Puzzled by, well, you. You're a mystery to him. He knows that you hide a lot from the members, and the persona that you always put on seems to never falter. He's amazed by that, amazed that you can be so strong just for the other people you love the most in the world, but that fact alone makes him worry as well.