Chapter 45

Stylists rush around as you sit uncomfortable in a leather seat, staying silent as they come and go to each member with makeup brushes in hand. A lady rushes up with a straightener, using it to make sure your high pigtails are perfectly straightened. Your hair is a lot longer now, so you could put it into such a hairstyle without pieces falling out.

Bangtan basically just released a new song two days prior named 'Dope,' and now you all are performing a comeback stage for the song. This one has to be your favorite one to dance to so far because of the upbeat vibe to it, and you're sure that Hoseok favors it as well. You two have always liked more energetic songs to dance to more.

Ever since 'I Need U' came out and BTS won so many awards in the first month of it being out, an overwhelming increase in the amount of fans and success you guys received has stressed all of you out—more so than you used to be, and that's saying something. Stress is definitely something you would expect to welcome as an idol, whether it's with open arms or not.

Of course, this news didn't necessarily bother any of you. If anything, you guys are ecstatic about your sudden success, but it doesn't make any of you any less anxious. It's something you'll have to get used to, but it's manageable.

The only thing that seriously worries you about this comeback is the pressure that's put on all of you, but especially Jimin. Every dinner (which nowadays you guys don't get to have as much), he either eats very little or skips it entirely. The rest of the guys and you haven't ever really discussed it, but there is obviously worry and fear hung in the air. In the end, all you all can do is talk him out of it, because, ultimately, it's up to him.

You can't help but feel like it's your responsibility, though.

'Did I... influence him?'

Shaking yourself out of your thoughts, you hop up from the seat, the rest of the members filing out of the door to go up to the stage for the performance.

You're still confident with a little bit of work with him, you can make him better. Well, you've been working with him, but this time, you're sure you can help him for good.

About two minutes pass, and your already in your positions backstage, waiting for Namjoon to say his part as the music begins. Your heart grows with excitement. Although you're always nervous to perform, you still have a sense of happiness from it that never abandoned you since you were young.

Then, the part comes where all do you come onto the stage in a group to dance, everybody, despite being a little tired from your packed schedules, dances with as much energy as they can.

Still managing to focus on dancing, you look around at each of the members, smiling a little to yourself as you reminisce. 'They've come so far. Time passed too quickly.'

And then, you continue dancing, your heart burning with passion and drive. It's been an extremely hard five years for you and Bangtan, filled with eating struggles, depression, and the constant feeling of being suffocated, but you're still here, dancing with them onstage and doing your best. For them. Like your dad told you to.

'Like Appa told me to...'

The goal you've been striving to achieve is almost completed, like he told you to work for, and soon you won't be needed anymore. At some point during your journey, you decided that you would no longer become a famous idol because you wanted to; you decided you'd do it for Kim Namjoon, Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, and Jeon Jungkook—and, also, your father.

Continuing to move along and change positions as you dance to 'Dope,' you tear up a little bit, the smile on your face never dispersing.

'One more year.'