Chapter 8

You hum a tune as you search through your suitcase again, making sure that you have all of your stuff in one place before you and Hoseok set off to go to a totally different environment. Being a trainee is not going to be easy, but, as always, being you, you're willing to take up the challenge.

As you zip up the suitcase, you start to feel a little nervous about meeting the boys you'll be in a group with. What if they don't like you? What if they think that you don't deserve to be in the group because you're a girl? Or worse, what if they think you're untalented and terrible at practically everything?

These thoughts cloud your once clear and motivated mind as you sit firm in your criss-cross position on the floor, giving a sigh. Your eyes drift across your room—or should I say, old room—feeling thankful that you will finally get to live someplace else than this dump. You find yourself smiling.

As you are looking, you hear a knock at your door. Your head perks towards the sound as you make your way to it. When you open the door, Hoseok stands in front of you with a grin. You immediately know why he's here, considering the fact that it's six in the morning. You grin back at him before he speaks.

"Ready to go?"

"Hold on, " you say before going over to your dresser and brushing your hair up into two high and long (H/C) pigtails, and tying them up. You then follow him out the door, picking up the rolling suitcase that your mother had bought you a few months before she disappeared.

You follow the boy out to the car, excited yet anxious. You two will have to drive to the BigHit building in Seoul and then be escorted to your dorms.

And, ultimately, you drive off. The ride is estimated to be about two hours long or so. There's a serene silence as Hoseok looks forward, turning on the radio of his car that he had actually just got not too long ago. You listen to the music calmly while staring out the window, daydreaming about scenarios that could occur when you get to your destination. Some promising, some bad.

About two minutes in and you slouch in your seat, watching the road. To your amazement, you don't actually feel bored at all like you expected. Instead, you're relaxed as you would occasionally glance over to Hobi as he taps the steering wheel to the beat of an American song you aren't familiar with. You sigh out of your nose calmly, prepared to wait.

...

You're awakened by the sound of Hoseok waking you up in a positive voice. The car's stopped and your eyes flutter open. The white noise of the car engine had somehow lulled you to sleep while you were waiting.

You stretch your arms out with a cute yawn. Honestly, you sort of feel dead at the moment, but you always feel that way when you wake up, so it's nothing out of the ordinary.

"We're here!" Hobi declares with a smile as he gets out of the car, putting his keys in his pocket. He shuts his car door and opens your own for you. You laugh at this.

"Wow, such a gentleman, " you say with slight sarcasm. He chuckles as he shut it back when you made it out, you still feeling drowsy.

Suddenly, you remember that you'll have to meet your bandmates today. All of your drowsiness diminishes and you suddenly feel awake, that familiar feeling of uneasiness returning to your being when your face contorts.

Hobi notices this, and puts a friendly arm around you, giving you a squeeze as he pulls you closer to him.

"Don't worry, (N/N). You'll be fine," he says in a comforting tone. You always seem to feel better when he talks to you like that.

You nod at this, uttering a little 'okay' before the two of you go to the front of the building. A man dressed in black and grey there by the double doors with a stoic expression.