Chapter 19

Namjoon scrolls down the page of the music video on his laptop, the bright screen shining on his stoic expression. His lips are pursed as he reads the comments on their new music video, showing no emotion whatsoever. Some are malicious, and others, better called the diamonds in the rough, are positive. Some are even two-faced.

"Ughhh the raps in this song are so trash!! Why did this group even debut?"
                       -"maybe they should've taken more
                          time to train lol"
"that one boys abs are probably the only good thing about this mv lol"
                       -"ikr?!"
"Ok but they're kinda ugly... just saying.."
"Where's the talent??"
"why is there a girl in this group??"
"The girl is dragging them down"
"there is NO way they're going to get anywhere with a GIRL in the group"
                        - it's kinda pitiful to just watch them..."

These comments hurt Namjoon as he'd flinch just reading some of them, which some are way worse than others. What'll he tell the rest of the members? What'll he tell you?

He feels something inside of him bubbling up. He's hurt, but it isn't sadness or disappointment, even though those things are a part of it. It's anger. Anger to these people who would say such things, especially after they practiced for all those years. They don't work their asses off for nothing.

Knock knock knock

"Come in!" says Namjoon with a cracky voice. He cringes just hearing it.

You walk into his room, opening the creaky door slowly as if you're afraid to see what's in there after hearing him speak. Seeing Namjoon sitting emotionlessly at the laptop with his hand resting where his mouth is doesn't relax you, but replaces your fear with more uneasiness.

"Namjoon? What're you doing?"

"Reading comments..." The way he mumbles sets off alarms. He doesn't look okay at all to you, and behind all of stoicism is a mix of emotions behind his eyes, like a flame.

You furrow your brows and walk to the laptop, crouching down with your arm resting on his chair to look at what he was seeing. Namjoon doesn't look at you once.

Your eyes widen a bit as you read what's on the screen, the rude and degrading statements glaring at you and slapping you in the face. You read everything that was mentioned earlier on in this chapter... except for the comments about you, which, not known by you, Namjoon scrolled up a little so that they're hidden. There's a silence until you finish reading them, biting your bottom lip. Eventually, with a stutter, you speak.

"Is...Is there a-anything about me..?" You choke out, noticing the lack of comments about you. Namjoon's silent, the only audible sound in the room an old brown clock ticking and the sound of both of your breathing. The young rapper doesn't know how to tell you that you're the one who gets the most comments—and they aren't good ones.

"I-... Um, well..." he responds. "There are a few.. good comments. But there's bad ones as well." He looks down after readjusting his glasses, a thing he does when he's lying. You know this just from observing and studying the way he'd lift them up and back down, but you don't say anything.

He doesn't feel good at all about lying to you, guilt overcoming his usually calm being after he said what he said. Subconsciously wanting to tell you the truth, he begins to fumble with his fingers, contemplating whether or not he should just go and tell it to you how it is. Alas, he decides against it.

You sigh but smile afterwards, appreciating him trying to spare your feelings.

"So are we gonna go tell the rest? They've been nagging me about it all these two weeks." He laughs quietly hearing this, nodding his head before standing, his chair scraping on the hardwood.