Chapter 39

Heart beating erratically and steps pounding against the concert stage, the crowd yells and cheers with great excitement, a feeling that only traces back to you and the members. In your mind, you dropped any thoughts about Jimin and the whole ordeal that happened a few days ago to put on this show for A.R.M.Y., and you're now halfway through it. It's the third and last concert in Seoul for 'The Red Bullet Tour,' but you're only getting started with the whole thing.

You've promised yourself to not let the argument, that you didn't even speak in, affect your performance for your beloved fans, even though most of them despise you. In your eyes, you try to take their harsh criticism seriously and better yourself on it, wanting to make them like you and keep the few that do enjoy your presence to continue doing it. There were some slip-ups with Jimin here and there during the concerts and other kinds of Bangtan content, but you're trying your best to not think about it too much and hope that the fans don't notice.

You're running up and down the stage, breathing heavily and vision a little hazy from the lack of food you've had lately. At this point, you've gotten used to feeling this way and even managed to improve your stamina on it.

Your heart booms and a smile threatens to appear in your face as you get in place for 'Tomorrow,' a song very important to Yoongi, as you've learned. The song begins and you carry out the choreography, the first verse beginning. The song continues and you complete your part when it rolls along.

As you rap, the crowd stays just as loud as it always was, trying to keep yourself from grinning since the song is sort of sad. Sweat rolls down your face. This is what you've wanted since you were a child. This.

Stare into that crowd, (Y/N). You see them, don't you? The ones that hate you. They're all there, waiting for you to make a mistake.

Your heart beats a little faster, and not because of the excitement. Fear runs your blood cold and paralysis you from the inside, yet you continue dancing.

Because of this pressure you suddenly feel, on the last line that you have to rap—which you're actually not rapping it, instead, you're sorta singing it—your heart drops and stops for a few seconds. Time stops and it's as if every single human being in that crowd stops cheering, that their excitement for your verse drains from their body, and your excitement too. You feel empty after realizing what you've done.

Your voice cracks.

You go pale.

You never stop dancing, but Hoseok and Namjoon glance at you for a moment, knowing how much you'll beat yourself up over it, and how the public will react. To anyone else, it's just a voice crack. Means nothing, right? Well, in this world, a voice crack means a lot. It means bullying, hate, and so, so much more. Way more than what's already happening.

You tear up from your mistake, a surge of disappointment crushing you. Trying to blink back tears, you move to the side for Jungkook's part in the chorus, your breathing irregular. 'Damn it. Why do I always f*ck up?'

As soon as the mistake was made, it's like time slowed. Every verse and syllable that exits the boys' mouths in their parts was it's own poem it feels so long. The rest of the song is performed in slow-motion to you, and all you want to do is go backstage and cry. But no—you're not gonna ruin this for the boys.

You've done enough.

The song ends and every one poses until the stage light dims and you all make your way backstage as a video plays on the screens in the stadium. You head into the dressing room, a tear falling down your face until it's quickly wiped away by your own hand. 'I have to get dressed for the next set of songs.'