Chapter 24

Staring at a crowd straight in the face isn't exactly the easiest thing to do, especially when they all probably hate you.

You're now standing on a stage performing with your boys, all of you dressed in dark clothing and fake expensive name-brand clothes. Your hair's a bit longer, but still sort of short in a faded purple and put into to pigtailed braids.

Before you can think any more, "No More Dream" starts to play and the show begins. You stay focused as you dance around with the other boys, giving your vocals in the pre-chorus and harmonizing in the chorus. When the second verse comes, you began rapping.

Rapping to a crowd full of haters is oddly satisfying to you, and excites you as it reminds you of the cypher that you, Namjoon, Yoongi, and Hoseok worked on and rapped and recorded for the new album coming in three days. At first, you weren't gonna do it, but the boys convinced you. And even thought you feel as if you're a weak person in general, you want to rap in front of people and tell them off, even if you think they're right. Somewhere deep inside, you feel confidence. Confidence that you'll one day learn to love yourself.

Somehow.

Your verse ends as the song goes on. Surprisingly enough, you aren't all that nervous. Sure, you worry a lot about what people think of you on stage, but this time you feel a sense of peace. You don't know why, but you just do.

The song ends earlier than it's actual length and the crowd claps in a way that seems half-assed to you. They didn't tell you why it'll be ending quicker, just that you'll be sharing the stage with another not-so-popular group, but you already know the real reason why, and you think the other members know too. They don't want Bangtan Sonyeondan to take too much time on the show. Obviously.

Even though you're glad to even get to perform on a show in the first place, this angers you and the others greatly, so you're glad you included something in your cypher to call these types of people out. All of you bow and say your goodbyes before leaving the stage. This was one of many nerve-wracking performances.

...

O,RUL8,2? was released just now, and all of the members, including you stand and cheer. Your first comeback, and all of you seem to be confident with it. You and the rest of the members (mostly Namjoon and Yoongi) worked to no end on perfecting each lyric and beat in the tracks. In the end, you're all satisfied and confident with the result.

"Noona! Noona, we did it! Our first comeback! I can't wait to record and tell ARMY!" Jungkook squeals and hugs you tightly, his childish excitement wooing you over. He's too precious for this world.

"We now have our first cypher out now as well,
(Y/N)," Yoongi smirks as he elbows you in your side repeatedly. You can't help but smirk with him. You're so ready to see the haters' reactions to the track. Yoongi is confident as well, thanks to you and Namjoon helping him with his ego a lot. Hoseok was there for him a lot too, probably giving him similiar advice to what you said to him first.

Seokjin bouncing up and down happily catches your attention. "Guys! I look so handsome in this music video! Ah, I can't believe I look so good!" Your heart warms seeing him feel confident about his looks. You know how much he struggles with all of that, though. He feels like his looks is all he has.

"(Y/N)... W-What if that's the only reason I'm still in the group? Because of my looks? God... I'm... I'm so, so scared. What if I don't improve in my singing or dancing, so then they decide to kick me out of the group—"

"Seokjin, no, no, no, no! That won't happen, I promise," He doesn't look at you, not believing your words even though he has a lot of trust and faith in you. You sigh.