Chapter 15

"'We are Bulletproof?' Seems fitting!" You grin to Namjoon as he scribbles down the words at the top of the paper. "The song in its entirety and the title fit our concept well!"

Nodding with a smile of pride, Namjoon chuckles.

"It is, (Y/N). God, I'm so excited for debut, even if it is going to be hard," He says. You walk over and plop your body onto his bed with a grunt, sinking into the mattress. "Same."

Just as you're relaxing, a knock and the sound of the creak of the door opening jolts you up as Namjoon also turns his head to the figure at the door. Standing there is none other than Seokjin, who wears a small smile.

"Get ready. We have a meeting about our outfit design in fifteen minutes," He says simply, reminding you of the event before he immediately leaves you and Namjoon, leaving the door wide open. You got up and wave a quick good-bye to Namjoon, smiling as you take off into your room, excited to give your input on the designs.

...

After getting dressed, you waltz your way out of your room. You're wearing black jeans and a (F/C) hoodie with some black Converse, along with a cute little necklace. Simple, yet cute. And, of course, you put your hair up into two pigtails, both long and pretty.

Why are you even trying? Nobody cares what you wear, anyway. Nobody cares about you.

You try your best to ignore the voice and force a weak smile upon your face, feeling it tear down your previous happy feelings. Even if you try though, you still find yourself believing most of its lies. Continuing to walk, you eventually come to the door where the boys stand, awaiting you.

"Eh, (Y/N), what took you so long~?" Taehyung whines from behind Jimin. You huff before answering, noticing Jimin giggle a bit.

"Well, I had to ensure my pigtails were perfect! You wouldn't know because your hair is short, Tae!" You remark, joining up with the boys as Taehyung rolls his eyes playfully. "Can we just go already?"

Jin laughs as you all exit the dorm, heading towards the run-down elevator. Any normal person would complain about its appearance, but to you it looks luxurious compared to where you lived in Gwangju.

You laugh internally remembering your awful living spaces, but those laughs cease when you recall why you lived there in the first place.

'Eomma...'

It's your fault
It's your fault

You feel your eyes water.

It's your fault
It's your fault

A tear falls down your face. You feel a pair of eyes on you, but at the time you don't notice it. You feel like you can hear voices, but maybe it's your imagination.

It's your fault
It's your fault
It's your fault
It's your fault
It's your fault
It's your fault
It's your fault
It's your fault

'It's my fault, it's my fault, it's my fault, it's my fau-'

"(Y/N)!!" Hoseok says and your head snaps to him. If he isn't worried enough, when he sees the tears streaming down your face, that only makes it worse. Without a second thought, he pulls you into a hug. You stay silent, feeling his hot breath against your neck.

"I'm fine, Hobi. Just had a thought, nothing more," you quickly reassure him, as if reading his mind. He doesn't move or say a word when you say this, or when the ding of the elevator stopping is heard. He only feels unsure and confused as to what he should do in this situation.

"Ahem."

You push Hoseok off of you as gently as you can without thinking anything else, wiping your tears before facing the designer lady in front of you professionally.

"Hello, Mrs. Han." She only raises a sleek brow.

"Come in. We'll begin immediately on discussing your outfits and the music video props and such," she says, performing motions with her pale hands. Everyone enters the room respectfully and takes a seat with some other members of the design team.

"Let's not waste any more time. The only reason you all are here is so we can have possible ideas, but most of the work will be done by me— I mean us," Mrs. Han says strictly to you and the rest of Bangtan. You can sense how tense they are around this woman.

A young boy from over the side of the long table perks up.

"But didn't Sihyuk say that they would-"

"Silence!" He flinches as she cuts him off with a cold glare. You bite the inside of your cheek. Noticeably taking a deep breath, she recollects herself before she speaks again.

"First of all and most important of all, (Y/N)," You instantly turn your head to her, anxious as to what she'll say. Intertwining her fingers, she gives you a look in the eyes as if she's contemplating how to word her next sentence.

"Your hair... Well, how do I say this..."

"M-My hair?" You say just above a whisper. Hoseok tenses up.

"I mean, the pigtails are cute and all, but they're far too long. We have to cut them and fix them to maybe where they're French-braided. We should also dye it a dark color of your choice, preferably dark purple or black."

It feels as if a gunshot has just pierced your heart. The color drains from your face as your shoulders droop, mouth hanging open.

"Pigtails? C-Cut? Dye...?" Mrs. Han only nods, ignoring your expression.

"It's basically necessary to the entire concept and look of the music video," she says coldly.

A loud slam is heard upon the long wooden table, everybody turning their heads to the sound. Hoseok's hands are pressed firmly onto it, anger stitched onto his eyes. His heart beats rapidly beyond his chest and his face is crimson. You can only look at your feet, feeling weak as your eyes water, a tsunami of emotions overcoming you.

Each word Hoseok speaks built up further pressure in your being as you think on what to say.

"What? Cut? Dye? Are you crazy?! Her hair means so much to her! There's no way she would ever-"

"I'll do it."