Chapter 36

You take a long breath out as you pull into the area where the dorms were in your car, taking a short glance over to Namjoon, who sleeps next to you with quiet snores. The silence that took over the car on the way back was almost irritating to stand, but both of you had no idea what to say after what happened between you two.

What's clouded your mind the most about what had happened was why Namjoon kissed you, and why you kissed him right back. Maybe it was because he likes you, and maybe it was because you liked him back, but there's a fear that shakes your heart to the point of not wanting to admit that possibility. But, there isn't much else it can be.

You just hope that you didn't kiss him back just because you liked the feeling.

When in the correct spot, you turn the keys, shutting off the car. This time, instead of just glancing at the sleeping Namjoon, you stare at him almost longingly, searching for answers beyond his peaceful face.

'Why did you do what you did?'

You blow out in frustration, unable to think clearly. Despite your irritation, you gently shake Namjoon, jolting him awake. He looks around himself a bit, noticing the new location from what had previously been roads and roads and roads. The young man coughs into his hand awkwardly, his eyes darting to you for only a split second before they went right back. You can tell he was just the same as you: confused as to what in the hell that moment between the two of you meant.

"We're back," you inform him just above a whisper. You barely make out the words without stuttering awkwardly. Namjoon nods, his face heating up, which is unknown to you due to the dark brightness.

You try not to grumble as you turn your whole body to the car door, opening it roughly. He notices your behavior, gulping as if he commited a terrible sin. After the kiss, you've acted differently on the way home, and it was killing Namjoon to know what you were thinking.

It's extremely rare for you to ever get frustrated by any of the members, and even if you do, you're very good at hiding it. It's weird that you're showing this much irritation.

No, you don't hate Namjoon. The only thing that makes you bothered was the fact that you're too dense to understand why he kissed you, not the culprit himself.

Not wanting to look at the boy as much anymore, you leave him in the car, heading towards the door with keys jingling in your hand. Quickly, Namjoon rushes out of the car, opening and closing the door as fast as possible and running over to you so he doesn't get locked out.

When he makes it to you, he breathes slightly heavily, waiting on you to unlock the door.

Said door opens after being unlocked, you holding on to the handle and opening it wide for Namjoon. Even though you don't want to associate with him at the moment, you still have manners.

After a bit of walking, you two make it to the door to the dorm where all of you have been staying for the past few years in the BigHit building. You silently pray nobody's awake to catch you and Namjoon and then ask a million questions.

"(Y/N), what time is it?" Namjoon whispers from beside of you, nervous that the two of you will be caught. You painstakingly pull out your phone from your jacket pocket, bringing it in front of your face and turning it on.

Flinching slightly at the bright light that shines from the screen in the dark halls, you whisper back to him, "1:49 A.M."

"How the hell did we get here that quick?" Namjoon whisper-shouts. It was a little too loud, so you quickly utter a 'sh!' before turning back to the door with the keys in your hand.