Chapter 16

"H-Huh?"

"I... I said that I'll do it.." You say, heart pounding against your chest with a trembling lip. You try your best to stop tears from overflowing onto your face.

Mrs. Han only sits with her hands intertwined, seemingly satisfied with your answer. The woman doesn't seem to notice your expression— or care, really.

"But I thought-" Hoseok begins, shocked before he looks into your eyes.

Eyebrows slanted, you tilt your head slightly with your pigtails shifting, trying to tell him to just let it go. Reluctantly lowering himself on the chair, his hands don't leave the table and he doesn't break eye contact with you. He sucks in a breath and takes a few seconds before he nods to you. You notice Yoongi's eyes darting from Hoseok to you, sticking his hand out a little in confusion.

"Great. I'll fix you up to get your hair dyed and cut in maybe two days. The rest of the members will go with you," she tells you. You say nothing. All you can feel is your heart aching and your head busting.

Nodding, you straighten your posture and try to focus on not crying.

'Two days?' You thought. 'If they're dying my hair then... Then that must mean... Is debut really that close?'

Without another word on the subject, Mrs. Han discusses the boys' hairstyles and outfits, describing yours as well. She talks for a while, hardly listening to what any of her assistants have to say about her ideas.

Awkward, the boys only sit there, some pairs of eyes moving around the room out of boredom, others listening to the woman, nodding at some of her suggestions but hesitating on others. All you focus on is keeping calm and not hyper-ventilating because of your crucial that decision right then and there.

But this is to no avail, because about ten minutes or so into the overall short meeting, you feel something wet slide down your cheek. At first, you think you're sweating, because it's just about summer and the room is fairly hot, but you realize what it is when the voice starts whispering to you again.

Oh, you're so weak! Imagine getting depressed over your hair! Honestly, how more idiotic could you be? Just go kill yourself at this point.

Eventually, you can't take it's taunting and the pressure anymore. Standing up from your chair abruptly, you push your hands against the large table, disheveled. Mrs. Han halts mid-sentence and stares at you stoicly and unfazed. Every head in the room turns to you.

"Please e-excuse me. I need to go to the restroom," you say, voice shaking. The lady at the end of the table stacks her papers with a sigh, laying them down afterwards. "You're excused."

You rush out of the room before another word can be spoken, footsteps clicking with every step after shoving open the door. Suddenly forgetting where the restroom is in your distress, you travel through the halls, head going from left to right. You feel your vision go hazy and your heart rate increase.

And then you see it. The women's bathroom. You try to not break as you begin to power walk to it, not paying attention to anything else. You don't even realize that right in front of you is another person right until you collide.

"Ah! Oh I'm s-so sor- Hobi?" You croak, rubbing your head before you look up to see Hoseok standing over you. You've never seen him look so worried before.

He sticks out his hand to you. "Oh my God. I'm so glad I found you. I-I'm so worried. I- Well-..." His eyes dart around you, trying to find the right words. "Why?"

You turn your head back down hearing his sputter of words. Sniffling, you bite your lip, allowing Hoseok to pull you up off of the floor. He lets go of your hand as you twist your foot around, no longer caring if he can see you cry.