Chapter 7

Like always, time has flown by again. With only one week left until the "Hit It" auditions, you feel stressed. But although this stress is nothing new to you, you can't help but feel it weigh you down a bit. Despite all of this, you're still pushing at it and are confident.

You finish the rather difficult choreography once more, feeling a sense of déjà vu. You feel like you have to up your game a bit because of what had happened with the JYP auditions. Maybe your choreography was mediocre, and maybe your singing was unstable and cracky. So, you've taken it upon yourself and have been practicing with no stop, even coming to the realization that your stamina has increased because of how much you've been exercising and practicing so frequently in the past few months.

Hoseok is already home, sleeping, probably, considering the fact that he's practically worked his ass off today with you. You decided to stay a bit longer when he left, though, feeling unsatisfied with the amount of time you had practiced with the boy.

And so, this is where you are now. You blow out heavily and pick up your phone at the bench.

'12:31 PM.'

You sigh, deciding it's a good time to pack up and go home to get some rest, seeing that you would be doing this same exhausting routine tomorrow. It's what you and Hobi have been doing since he told you about the "Hit It" auditions. Which, oh boy are you nervous about. You had an astounding amount of confidence at first, but somehow it's slowly chipped away as time went by. You're hoping to give yourself a pep talk tomorrow sometime soon to fix that.

You grab your backpack and tiredly shove all of your belongings in it, not even bothering to zip it properly as you turn off the lights and leave out the door, making sure to lock it on the way. And so, you head off to your apartment building, ready to curl up in your low-quality, but cozy bed.

As you're walking, you close your eyes for a minute while yawning. This is a mistake, though, because the sound of someone grunting quietly is heard as you collide with another person. You apologize profusely, slurring your words out of exhaustion.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry..!" You say, a little embarrassed. A boy around your age looks down at you and smiles brightly, telling you how it's completely fine.

You notice his cute little dimples off the sides of his face, and the bag he had along his shoulder. Studying it further, you notice that it has "Ilsan" printed on it. Confused, you quickly come to the conclusion that he must be visiting here in Gwangju for a relative or something like that. You smile at him, and as you do, a feeling creeps up on you.

Something tells you that this means something, but you dismiss the feeling as nonsense and move on as you and the boy walk away from each other. But you still feel the nagging feeling that something was going to happen soon, and that this boy will be involved in it.

You shake your head with a scoff and continue on, eventually making it to your apartment. When you make it up to your room, you think about the events to come, and if you'll be successful or not. You thought about a lot of things that night, actually. Enough things to eventually put you into a well-deserved slumber.

...

And in a blink of an eye, the day has come.

Your heart is burning with a flurry of different emotions. Nervousness, excitement, fear.. there's many that you can't even name. You try to not let this distract you as you mentally prepare yourself for what's to come with Hoseok sitting right next to you, biting his fingernail, which was something he almost never does. You wouldn't have ever expected him to be this off hinge, but you can't say much since you feel the exact same.

Luckily, Big Hit's air conditioning is somewhat decent as you sit in the chair in the waiting room, giving you a satisfying feeling of warmth as you wait for your turn to perform in front of a judge.

You look over at Hoseok, trying to distract yourself from negative thoughts as you're set into a daze. Waiting for your or Hobi's turn is boring, so you don't have much of another choice.

And then, a middle-aged woman comes out from the side of the wall in the room where you've been waiting. You perk your head up. She looks sophisticated, yet tired as she adjusts her glasses with a clipboard tucked in her arm. You can see she really must be tired because she's probably done this over a million times today. The lady straightens her posture before she calls out.

"Jung Hoseok."

Hoseok stands stiffly, swallowing dryly as he walks over to the woman as she leads him away into a performing room. You can only silently pray that he'll do well, but you know he will at the same time. Though, you can't say the same for yourself. You want to believe what your dad said about confidence badly, but it's difficult when you have the constant fear of messing up or not being as good as another person.

Hoseok comes back after a few minutes. You instantly notice how he came out relaxed prior to his previous behavior. Sometimes it baffles you at how quickly he could alter between moods, specifically negative moods to positive.

You only look down in response to his smile to you, and he takes a seat next to you. His smile droops a bit when he notices your body language, and how you fidget with the hem of your shirt.

"Hey, I know you're nervous, but its gonna be alright. You are one of the best dancers I've ever seen, not only that but you also have an angelic voice and your rapping is insane," red dusts your cheeks at this. "So you have nothing to worry about. I bet most of the people here aren't even that good anyway. You can do this."

Just as he finishes giving you a reassuring pep talk, you no longer looked down. Instead, you look upwards as Hoseok only smiles at you and turns to face the wall whilst relaxing into the most comfortable position he could muster in the chairs you were given. You sigh and give a small smile to nobody in particular. All you can do now is wait.

...

"YES!!" You screech to the boy who sat next to you on the bench, reading the email in disbelief. You jump around the dance studio from pure happiness.

Time has passed by, and you and Hoseok each had received another email. But this time, it wasn't a company turning you down. The exact opposite, actually. Hobi is surprised in a good way and you just simply can't contain your excitement. Eventually, Hoseok grins widely and joins you in your mini celebration.

Euphoria rushes through your veins as you suddenly feel happy and confident again. Hoseok runs up to you and hugs you tightly. Hugging him back, you laugh a bit and go back over to the computer to read the rest of the email.

The email states that you and Hoseok have about two weeks to pack up to move where all their trainee stuff would take place, meaning that you don't have to pay for that stupid apartment anymore. You aren't worried at all about the rather short amount of time because you literally have nothing to pack anyway. If anything, all you need is just one day to get packed and to leave the dump you have to call home.

It also said that the two of you are to be placed under a group with four other people. You're a bit confused as to why you, a female, are put into this group, but they then said (in a big ol' professionally written explanation speech) that the same old bland thing isn't going to work anymore, so they want to try something new and place a singular girl into their next group.

You're not complaining about this, though, since you get to be in a group with Hoseok. Also, you noticed that the group's going to be a hip-hop group of sort. You used to always want to be an idol, but you remembered when Hoseok said to you that all he cared about was performing in front of an audience and making them feel the same emotions that he was feeling in the moment. Suddenly, you no longer care either way.

After reading the entire email, you hug your best friend once more as you smile into his neck. Your dreams are finally coming true that you have worked towards your entire life! And you'd be damned if you aren't going to wear your pigtails as you get closer and closer to your final goal.