Chapter 10

Loki doesn't leave his room for the rest of the day, or the day after that. I don't really blame him. Whatever happened was something I never was supposed to see. When the Avengers return, I tell them he mostly kept to himself, which is easily believable. I don't tell them about my powers. After seeing Loki's reaction to my being in his mind, I have no desire for anyone else to know. They won't trust me, either. Part of me doesn't even want to go to Asgard anymore, because he's coming there with me.

"Eliza?" Steve says, poking his head into my room a few days later. "Thor just got back, are you ready?" I stiffly nod. What is there left to say? Nothing whatsoever. My bag is fully packed, but my heart is still here, with these people that make me feel safe, not with Loki and the false sense of security he gave me. I painfully remember watching the sunset with him and how he carried me into my room. And then how he almost killed me. "Hey, what's wrong?" he asks, coming over to sit next to me. "You're usually full of life. What's got you down?"

"It's nothing. I'm just... nervous, I guess." That's one way to describe it.

He gives me a small smile. "I bet. I know I would be. It'll all be all right and over soon. Let's get moving." His words make me feel a little better.

"Thanks, Steve." He nods and picks up my bag. Always the gentleman and low-key a mom. I'll miss him. We walk out into the main area, where everyone is waiting. I glance at Loki, who seems bent on ignoring my annoying mortal existence. Fine with me. I don't want to hug them all, but I do.

"We'll meet again soon, I hope," Nat says, smiling at me. "You're too much of a fighter to lose from the team."

"Yeah, and she's the smarter Banner, so that's a lot of brains gone," Tony adds, pulling me in for a side hug. "Take care kid, send us a postcard."

I laugh. "I'm not sure that's an option, but I'll try."

"Keep your chin up. You're a strong young woman," Steve says.

"And don't stay forever. Banner'll get lonely, and no one likes it when Banner gets lonely," Clint adds. Everyone snickers, including Bruce.

"Hey, Eliza. Over here for a minute," Bruce says, beckoning me a little ways away from the group. I join him.

"Hi, Bruce."

"Listen, I'm sorry. About everything, but I promise it will all figure itself out. I want you to be safe up there, okay? See you soon." He pulls me into a hug, one I don't want to break except for the fact that all of his worried feelings seem to be seeping into me. The best way to describe it is jumping into a pool and taking water into your lungs. I pull away and take a deep breath. "Love you."

"Love you too." I turn to Thor. "I'm ready." Gripping my suitcase, it feels surreal. I'm leaving Earth.

"This way, then, Lady Eliza. Out on the balcony. You too, Loki," he adds, glaring at his brother, who is not only ignoring me anymore, but also Thor. "Oh, one more thing." He quickly cuffs Loki's hands, making his eyes widen, but he still doesn't say anything. "Father's orders," he explains as if that makes it right. I feel bad for him, but not much. Good. He deserves it. But the good person in me knows that the pitiful man in this room doesn't deserve whatever's coming.

"Heimdall, open the Bifrost," he calls, lifting his hammer to the sky. I take one last look at my friends before I'm whisked upwards.

Shorter chapter, but I'm going to follow up with the next one quickly. This one just needed to be there. What do you think? They're going to Asgard!