Chapter Three: What's The Catch?

I got up extra early to head down to Luca's office. I tried to leave before Katie woke up. Taking the bus, I had to figure out what I was going to say before I get there. He's the reason that this shit happened. Who orders their food just to get up and leave before it comes? He was my proof to Stacey that I was busy hosting his cocky ass and his men. If he were there to clear that up, Katie wouldn't have had to add her two-cents and always saving my ass.

"Well, here it is," I said to myself. I entered through the buildings doors. I read the board and seen that Salvatore was located on the 10th floor. Taking the elevator to the 10th floor, the doors opened and led to the front desk.

I walked up to the front and seen a woman sitting in her chair. She seems to be the secretary. "Excuse me, do you think I could see Luca Salvatore just for a moment?" The woman lifted her eyes from her computer screen and looked at me, "Do you have an appointment to see Mr. Salvatore?" She asked.

"No, but-..." The woman raised an eyebrow and interrupted me, "...-Then I suggest you make an appointment and come back anytime about... three months from now." I began to yell, "What?! THREE MONTHS from today? Are you nuts? What's so important that he isn't able to meet with someone NOW?" The woman rolled her eyes, "Mr. Salvatore is a very busy man and doesn't have time to meet with his little... fan girls."

My blood started to boil and she was definitely testing my patience. I looked at her fancy desk name plate, "Listen here,"Suzanne", I don't know how much he pays you to be a bitch and turn people away just because "Mr. Salvatore" is busy, but he definitely wouldn't pay you enough to take a foot up your ass." She looked at me with her mouth gaped.

Before she said anything, we were interrupted by the door being opened and out came Luca with his head in a file. I wanted to curse at him with every word I knew, but the words wouldn't come out. He was smiling when he seen me, walking closer and closer. Everything seemed like it was going in slow motion and now I was standing there pointing my finger at him and gaping my mouth open like an idiot. Again, not a single word came out my mouth.

Luca was now standing in front of me smirking, "Well if it isn't my favourite waitress. Esme, right? What can I do for you beautiful?" I was stunned, but I looked at his receptionist and back at him. I looked like an idiot with my mouth still open and my finger still pointed toward him.

I closed my mouth and lowered my finger, "I-Well.. I needed to speak with you, but little miss Suzy here-..."

She interrupted, "...-it's Suzanne." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, "Yeah, Scarlett here said that you were busy and that I should make an appointment to come see you three months from now." Luca looked at Suzanne and snapped the file that was once open in his palm, shut. His attention was focused on me again, "Follow me Miss-..."

"...-Cole," I answered him. While he walked to his office, he looked over his shoulder and smirked, "Esme Cole, eh?" I kept quiet. As we entered his office, Luca went behind his desk and sat down while I took a seat in front. He intertwined his fingers together leaving them rested on top his desk, "So Esme, what's so important that you came all the way here and threatened my receptionist, just to see me?"

I began to blush. I knew it was wrong of me to do that and that it wasn't going to make the situation better. "If I might make a suggestion to better your company, at least hire some decent supervisors." Luca laid back in his chair folding his hands behind his head, "And why would you suggest that sweetheart?"

I tried not to make direct eye contact with him, "Well, the supervisor accused me for something I didn't do. My friend tried to save my ass and we both ended up getting fired. I know that I'm not the best employee, but please, my friend Katie Trenton needs her job back."

Luca definitely seemed amused, "Done." I looked directly at him, blinking in confusion. "Done? Wait a second, are you serious? What's the catch?" Luca leaned over the desk, closer to me, "Well-..." I interrupted him, "I am not sleeping with you." He got up and walked around the desk toward me. He braced himself on his desk leaning closer, inches away from each other's face, "Don't flatter yourself sweetheart."

Wait did he just call me ugly? Was he trying to say that I'm not good enough for him to sleep with? This man was seriously a cocky son of a bitch. "Speaking of that catch, sweetheart-..."

"I'll do it," I blurted out loud. Luca seemed entertained that I agreed with whatever idea he had in mind. "You must really care about your friend if you're willing to agree to a deal that you know nothing about." Luca's right. Katie is like a sister to me and ever since I've met her, she has put my fucked up self first before her. Now thinking about what Luca has just told me, I really agreed to this catch I know NOTHING about. Obviously sex isn't the catch, but who knows, I probably agreed to my own death. I knew I had to ask.

"You have no idea. So, what's the catch anyway?" Luca looked at me, smirking. That damn smirk has me weak in the knees and wet in between, if you know what I mean. "You'll see. I'll pick you up at 8pm tonight. Wear something... elegant." I looked at him confused, "Elegant? I could barely afford shoes from Wal-Mart." Luca laughed, "Alright. Don't dress up. I'll pick you up at 6pm."

You know when you have this feeling deep down in your gut? Yeah, that's what I'm feeling and I feel like this deal I agreed to is definitely not what I signed up for...