Chapter Twelve: Gunpoint

My mood completely changed. I dragged the dress to the front of the counter to check out. "With taxes, your total is $34,998." Katie's eye balls looked like they fell out her head. "Ex-excuse me? $35,000 for a DRESS? How would you be able to afford this Esme?" She asked, looking worried. I took out the visa that Luca handed over to me earlier, "Don't worry. Luca said that my budget was $100,000." Katie was shocked. "$100,000 on what, the entire WEDDING?" She asked. I shook my head as I disagreed. "Nope, my dress." Katie's mouth gaped open, Callie shook her head while Isabella and Alivia giggled.

As we exited out the bridal boutique, I offered Katie a ride home, but she refused. We said our goodbyes and she left. Isabella and Callie got into their car. Alivia got into our car, but I stopped. Isabella rolled her window down, sticking her head out, "What's wrong Esme?" While I was looking for a dress, there was a pretty tiara that I was admiring in the boutique. I mean, my budget for my dress is $100,000 and I didn't use the entire amount on my dress. We spent all our time in the bridal boutique that the sun was going down. "I'll be back in 2 minuets, I need to grab something to go with my dress." I ran back in and paid for the tiara I wanted. As I came out, a man with a hoody over his head was casually walking along the path when he started running toward me. He was reaching for something in his jacket. Isabella realized and bolted out the car. She began sprinting towards me with a gun out.

Callie had already hopped into the Lexus with Alivia and sped off to safety. The stranger grabbed me and took out a gun bracing the cold barrel against my temple. A few people that were once casually walking along the sidewalk have now disappeared. "Easy now, you don't want to do that if I were you," said Isabella. I was so scared that I dropped my tiara. "Don't move or I'll put this bullet in her fucking skull!" Isabella looked down at the stranger's neck and spotted a pendant on the necklace shaped as a snake. Her eyes narrowed in anger. "Snakes. What brings you to this neck of the woods?" Said Isabella as she held her ground. He smiled, "Well, we heard that Luca's going around town with his fiancée. I was shocked so I had to see for myself." Completely terrified, I didn't know what to do. If I move and try to run, he'll kill me instantly. If I stay and become a victim, he still might kill me.

I decided to speak up, "Wh-what do you want?" The stranger laughed. "Well, well, well, look who decided to speak. Nothing big really." I tried to wiggle out of his grip, but he held me tighter and pressed the barrel of the gun deeper into my temple. "I said don't fucking move!" He yelled. Just then, 2 cars sped towards us and came to a screeching halt. The sun had already went down and it was dark. Out came Luca and his men. They all had their guns out instantly. "Esme!" Yelled Luca. I began to sob uncontrollably. I wanted to rip free from the gunman and run into Luca's arms of safety.

"What do you want, Snake?!" Yelled Luca. "It's not what I want Salvatore. It's what Dito wants," said the stranger. Luca firmly held the gun tighter that his knuckles became white, not moving an inch, "Tell Dito I'll fucking kill him and that son of a bitch Pete! Let the girl go, she has nothing to do with this!"

Luca's POV:

Fuck! I could see the fear in her eyes, I hated seeing her like this. But seeing her like this, has for some reason made me weak. For the first time, I felt like I didn't know what to do. "Luca!" I could hear someone scream my name, but everything and everyone sounded so far away. I slowly came back to reality, "Luca, orders!" Yelled Dante. "Put the guns down or she dies!" Yelled the snake.

I had to think fast. "Stand down!" I could feel all the confused stares behind me. Cardo touched my shoulder, "But Luca-..."

I interrupted him, "...-it's alright Cardo. Everyone! Weapons down!" Everyone looked at one another and slowly dropped their weapons. Before my weapon touched the ground, I swiftly pulled the trigger, aiming between Esme's legs and shooting the bastard in the leg. He dropped to the ground knocking Esme over and screaming in pain, clutching his leg for his life. Esme stumbled getting up and began running toward me. Before Esme entered my arms, two shots went off. Again, everything went in slow motion. Esme stopped in her tracks and froze. Her eyes were wide like a deer in headlights and tears started pouring down her face. I screamed her name, but she didn't respond. She dropped to her knees and I seen that the bastard had the gun still pointed toward her. Gun shots went off as the others shot him. I dropped my gun and ran toward Esme catching her before her body completely hit the concrete. I could feel the warm blood dripping down her jacket from the gun wounds on her back. I had her in my arms, calling her name. But her eyes began to slowly close...