Chapter Nine: Blood

I swear I'm going crazy being stuck in this house. Security has been extremely tight. Kelly is always up my ass and Luca's men never let me leave the mansion. I'm only able to go out to the back, in the gardens, pool, front yard, but never past the gates. I'm not even allowed to go to the mall. Luca gave Dante orders to destroy my phone and the sim, so I wasn't able to contact Katie. He feels like someone's tracking my location and conversation.

"So what I'm not getting another phone?" I asked. "Sorry Esme, Boss's orders."

"Ugh! Are you fucking kidding me Dante? What am I suppose to do now? Katie is going to be worried if I don't contact her!" Dante gave me a sad face and slowly reached for his back pocket and pulled out a phone, handing it to me. "You bought me a phone?!" I exclaimed.

"Shhh! Keep it down! You've been pretty unhappy ever since you got here. I can't imagine being held captive... well you're sort of held captive, but the only time I've seen you be yourself is when you're talking to Katie on the phone. I knew that Luca would have me destroy your phone so I decided to get you another one." I slowly reached up and took the phone from Dante. "Thank you. You didn't have to though." Dante smiled. "No biggie. Oh, I almost forgot, I took the phone to Nico and have him tweaked it a bit. The device is not trackable to anyone BUT us. Also, try not to let Luca know I gave you a brand new phone. He'll end up burying me six foot under."

I giggled. "Wait a second, wouldn't Nico tell him?" Dante shook his head in disagreement, "Nah. Nico is smart at a lot of things and I mean A LOT, but not this." I shook my head smiling. Dante's phone rang and he answered, "Hey Luca. Mhm, mhm. Okay." Dante hung up. "What?" I asked. "C'mon, Luca wants to see you."

I rolled my eyes, "What does he want?" Dante shrugged his shoulders, "Beats me. Let's not keep him waiting." I followed Dante downstairs to the main living room where awaited Luca, and Cardo. "Why couldn't you have been a normal person and actually come upstairs and tell me you wanted to speak with me?" Luca raised a brow, "Don't have time for that. Listen, my parents want us to get married 2 weeks from now." I shrugged, "If it gets me out of here, sure." I propped myself down on a sofa.

Luca rubbed his temple, "Can you fucking at least act like you care for just a moment?" I stood up and walked toward Luca, then stopped, "But I don't care, Luca. I just want to go home." He grabbed my arm and shook me vigorously, "You seriously don't fucking know how serious this is, do you? You and the people you love could be at risk. Do you want to die?" His piercing blue eyes have turned clouded and dark. "Why do you even care? I'm nobody to you." I shook my arm free from his grip. Luca seemed a little astounded as he looked at Dante and Cardo.

"She does have a point Luca," said Cardo. Luca sighed and quickly turned to me, "You're right. I don't care, but my parents adore you and think you're my fiancée as to why I have no choice, BUT to try and protect you. Just until the papers are signed over to me. After that we can divorce and you're no longer my problem."

I crossed my arms, "You sound like an asshole right now, to be honest." Luca seemed agitated, "And you get on my fucking nerves woman. Stick to the plan. Now leave." I rolled my eyes, turning around and walked off. I stuck my middle finger up at him as I continued walking. Cardo and Dante laughed. "That girl is something, huh?" said Dante. Cardo snorted and Luca turned to them as he sighed. I walked up all the way back to my room and slammed the door shut. "Honestly, who does this guy think he is?! Wait.. Dante did say that Nico tweaked the phone and I'm untraceable. So maybe I could leave.. Oh no, wait.. Untraceable to everyone else except them." I thought for a quick moment, "Ah fuck it, I'll just make a run for it or something."

The door creaked, I turned around and seen it was Kelly. "Going somewhere?" I rolled my eyes, "Actually I am. I'm trying to leave here as soon as possible." She laughed and started walking toward me. "Better for me. I'll have Luca all to myself."

"What makes you think Luca would want someone like you?" Kelly smirked, "Oh sweetie, Luca always wants me. I'm always their to relieve his stress." I couldn't help but start laughing. "I don't know what you find funny." I looked at Kelly and laughed even louder. "Yeah, you're just a booty call to him."

Kelly walked up to me quickly and pulled out a gun. She braced the barrel of the gun against my forehead while looking me dead in the eye. I was completely horrified. "Kelly! Are you fucking crazy?" Kelly and I were shaken by the sound of yelling. It was Luca. "L-Luca! It's not what it looks like."

"Buon Dio, Are you going to fucking stand there and lie to my face? You're threatening my fiancée with a gun?" I was shocked and Kelly seems like she didn't know what to say. "Luca I-" before Kelly could finish her sentence Luca swiftly took out his gun and pulled the trigger, shooting her right in the head. "Are you fucking insane Luca?!" I screamed. Luca shrugged. "I don't have time for shit like this. If anything happens to you before the contract, I'm fucked." I looked at myself and realized that I have blood splattered on me. I felt completely disgusted and scared. Not only was I covered in blood, there was a dead girl lying face down in the room I'm staying in. If you ask me, I'm standing in a crime scene. It seems like Luca could read my mind.

"Ah don't worry about it. I'll have Nico and Rocco dispose of the body. I'll call one of the maids to clean up the blood. Oh, and Bella... why don't you go get yourself cleaned up."