Chapter Twenty-Four: We've Got A Bigger Problem

*5 MONTHS LATER*..

It wasn't long before my father found out that I was just trying to have him sign over the contract for the restaurants. When I mean pissed, he lost his shit. My mother and sister were disappointed in me and they obviously realized that my marriage to Esme was just all bullshit.

My parents and especially my sister really took a liking to her. I explained to my mom and Alivia that I had to keep Esme safe by letting her go. Thank God they understood. My mom and sister usually come around, but my father did not. Our relationship wasn't the same. As for me? Well...

I heard a knock at my office door and in popped Cardo. "Capo, again?" I looked at the empty glass that I held in my hand. "For fuck sakes Cardo, what do you want? If you ain't talking about the business, there's the fucking door." Cardo shook his head. "Luca what the fuck man. You're never sober and you're always drinking. It's been 5 months already. You know you can communicate with her right? The girls have Esme's number."

I took my eyes off my glass and brought my attention towards Cardo, "NO. I will not try and reach out to her. I ain't worried about her, you dipshit. I got a business to run. I'm the Italian Mafia leader for fuck sakes. The only thing I'm trynna execute right now is taking down the fucking Snakes." I poured myself another drink. "Look Luca, if you ain't worried about the girl, then I'd suggest you pull your shit together and ACTUALLY start acting like our Capo."

I scoffed. I downed the last of my drink and got up out of my office chair. Walking over to the sofa, I grabbed my business suit jacket and followed Cardo, closing the door behind me.

~~

"Esme! Can you get tables 5 and 7?" called out Deana. I rushed over to my tables and quickly took their orders. It's been 5 months since I've left LA and Luca's mansion. The condos were a bit pricey, but for the meantime, I'm renting a lovely apartment. I've almost finished furnishing it. It's cozy. I've also managed to find a full time job at a café called Indulgere (Indulge).

It was almost time to close the café for the night. I could tell that my feet swole from being up on them for the entire day. "Ugh, my back is killing me." Deana giggled. She's been such a good friend for the last few months. I really haven't told her much about my past. Somethings we're better left unsaid to be honest and I didn't want to drag my past with me to my new life. I tried to forget most of what happened 5 months ago.

"You look like you could use a ride home, hon." said Deana. "Nah, I think I'll walk this time, Dee. Thank you though." I smiled. "Nuh-uh honey, I'm not about to let you walk home in that state." I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Fine." I helped Deana clean and closed the café. We walk towards the car and hopped in.

"Thanks so much Dee." Deana hugged me. "Anytime. Call me if you need anything, love." I watched Deana as she drove off. I walked into the building and seen that there was a sign posted on the elevator. "Out of Service. Just my luck," I mumbled to myself. I slowly made my way to the stairs. 4th floor, here I come. I made my way up the stairs. "Fuck. I'm so damn winded already? I should really stop eating all those delicious pieces of cakes at the café during lunch hour."

I continued taking my time walking up those stairs, until I made it to the 4th floor. "Finally." I opened the apartment door and walked in, turning on the living room light. I was startled by a figure that seemed to be sitting on my couch. I dropped my keys. "Who the fuck are you?! How'd you get in here?!" The stranger smirked. "Well I'll be damned."

He looked at me up and down. I had a billion things running through my mind right now. I was horrified at what was about to happen next. "I really thought I was seeing things, but my eyes were absolutely right. Hello Esme. The boss is definitely going to love this."

~~

*A FEW DAYS LATER..*

"Alright men. This plan needs to run effectively and smoothly. We have NO ROOM for fuck ups! Do I make myself clear?!" All the men agreed at once. "We attack tomorrow night-.. " said Cardo. ".. -So make sure that we're all on our guard. We work as a team taking down these son of a bitches," he continued. "Rocco and Nico." I called out.

"Yes, Capo?" they answered. I looked at the both of them, "I need you both to stake out their hide out tonight and see what other info you can get off those bastards. I need to know where they will be tomorrow night." They both nodded and at that left for their stake out.

~~

*STAKING OUT AT THE WHITE SNAKES HIDEOUT..*

Rocco and Nico stealthily made it passed the guards and climbed up the ladder from the side of the building to make their way to the roof. The opened the roofs skylight window and lowered down a tiny mic as the put in their ear pieces and listened as The White Snakes proceeded with their conversation.

"Now as you all know, Frankie has been in Salem, Oregon on a special mission for me-.." said Trisha. Nico whispered to Rocco, "What the fuck was one of Trisha's men doing in Salem, Oregon?" Rocco shrugged in confusion. ".. -And you would not believe what we found.." Trisha continued with a smirk plastered across her face.

Nico and Rocco looked at each other with a confused look. "Frankie." Trisha's men brought in a person with a sac over their head. Trisha aggressively pushed the person towards a chair and had them sat down. Two of her other men quickly tied the person's feet together and hands down on either side of the arm rest. Trisha pulled the sac off revealing who they had held captive.

Nico and Rocco used their binoculars, taking a closer look and realized what they had just witnessed. Their Jaws dropped in complete shock and their faces showed panic. "Cazzo!" Rocco harshly whispered. Nico and Rocco escaped, away from The White Snakes hideout and returned to their safe spot.

Nico took out his phone and dialed Cardo. "What's the 411, Nico?" asked Cardo. "Capo might want to hold off on the plan, Cardo. We've got a bigger problem.."