Chapter Twenty-Three: Plotting

⚠️***JUST LETTING YOU GUYS KNOW THAT THIS WILL BE THE ONLY CHAPTER THAT IS REALLY SHORT!

I DIDN'T WANT TO MIX TOO MANY SCENARIOS IN HERE, BUT I PROMISE YOU THAT THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE LONGER ^.^***⚠️

~~

My heart was heavy and I tried holding back the tears that so desperately stung my eyes. I was angry. Why didn't he say good bye to me himself? Was that really not important to him? I booked a one-way ticket to Salem, Oregon. I plan on starting a new life there. I knew it wasn't going to be easy.

Possibly buy a nice little condo for myself. Look for a new job. I have it all planned out. I waited for the airport to announce that they were now ready to onboard passengers on the plane. As I walked into the plane and sat in my seat, I was thinking to change my name, but that wouldn't matter because no one would know me there. I paused for a moment.

"My name, my name.. Fuck!" I mumbled to myself. My last name is Salvatore and Luca has forgotten to give me the divorce documents to sign. I rubbed my temples. Welp. It's too late now. I buckled up as the plane was ready for take off. I was now on my way to my new life.

~~

Lucas's POV:

It was already 9pm and I was just sitting there staring at the glass infront of me at my desk. I really needed to do something about these Snakes. I got up out my office chair and grabbed my jacket, threw it on and went downstairs. Grabbing my keys, I headed to the garage and jumped into my vehicle, speeding off towards the docks.

I got out the vehicle and seen that Cardo was directing some of the men. "Capo, you alright?" I looked at Cardo. "We're going to kill The White Snakes." Cardo's eyes widened, "Luca are you fucking insane? That's basically a suicidal mission if you don't come with a plan." I took out a cigarette and lit it. "Fine, we'll fucking plot carefully." I didn't have the patience right now, but Cardo was right.

I flicked my cigarette butt into the water and walked into the warehouse. I started yelling at some of my men. Nico walked outside the warehouse and towards Cardo, "Was that Capo?" Cardo nodded. "I think Luca isn't taking it too well about not having Esme around anymore. He isn't in the right state of mind right now. He was literally fucking talking about killing The White Snakes.. with no plan!"

Nico shook his head, "That's not like Luca. He's usually the one that likes to plot before executing his plans." Cardo nodded. "Don't you see Nico? It's the girl, it's Esme. I've never seen him had such an affect over a woman before. I mean, yeah Capo used to bring home woman, but it's different this time."

Nico folded an arm and put a finger under his chin. "Cazzo. You could see it in her eyes Cardo. When I dropped her off at the airport, she's hurting badly, man." Cardo frowned, "I see it too Nico. She really fell in love with Capo and he fell in love with her, although he would never admit that."

Nico nodded. "Well, it looks like we're going have to deal with this side of Luca for a bit-.." Cardo places his hand under his chin, "-I guess, but for how long? For now, I need to guide him in the right direction, so he's not making fucked up decisions without thinking it through. Nico agreed.

~~

*AT THE WHITE SNAKES HIDEOUT*..

"Trisha, I have an update on Luca's mafia. It looks like the girl is leaving to fly out to Salem, Oregon on her own. We already have Frankie following her carefully, but closely as we speak." Trisha gave a devilish smile.

"Hmm, why would she be travelling on her own? Tell Frankie that he'll be following her for the next few months. I want to plan this carefully. It's about time that we kill Luca and his entire mafia, but first let's figure out why the girl is on her own."